Results Of A Strong Windstorm

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Was only able to capture 2 pics with cell phone of a 70 mph windstorm this evening at the local WalMart.

wind.jpg
Shopping cart rack was blown about 80 feet to block some poor person in a handicap spot. A curb blocks the front end. It took 3 of us to move it back out of the way. Took a while as no one wanted to give up the parking space it was supposed to go back to. LOL

RNBW.jpg
A nice rainbow afterwards. We could see the spot where it ends-unfortunately there's an asphault driveway alley in the way. Anyone have a pickaxe and a two-box? ;D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pics for a cel phone. I miss Oklahoma, but I don't miss that part.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Don't like that part either but hear that Colo. is having our share of the tornadoes this year. :-\

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have em, but here in Summit Co. at 9,000 ft. there's no tornadoes. No hail to speak of, either. We've had some strong winds, but they haven't done much damage. Lightning is bad. It's not as frequent, but I guess since we're higher up it's way more quick and dangerous. We have a cloud that comes up about every afternoon and the rain starts, or snow, but you cannot believe how powerful the lightning strikes are.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got the storms this afternoon, lots of wind damage, lightning damage also.

Fossis..............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and we'll all be looking forward to seeing those lightning pics when STONEY gets them. Not me!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been lucky. Most of the severe weather has missed us so far. I'm about 80 miles south of Stoney. Monty

T

trish76642

Evy? Do you still have your weather underground page i sent you? Im looking at mine right now, and we are about to get hit by something UGLY! im scared!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread