Hole in roof

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
We had a bad storm in the Dallas area last Wednesday and I thought we were in the clear in terms of damage.

My neighbor's tree dropped 2 BIG limbs and both landed in my driveway. One in front of my truck and the other behind it. I thought I had dodged a bullet until I climbed the ladder today to retrieve a piece of wood from the tree that was at the edge of the roof. Looks like my BIG photenia bush had been hiding this since we can't see it from the ground.

This is a 5" diameter hole in my roof that went all the way through the decking!

hole_004.jpg

hole_005.jpg

hole_001.jpg

Grip

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
That stinks. I had the same thing happen earlier this year when the deep south was getting all those rough storms. A tree limb from my pecan tree put a hole about that size in my roof. It was in the spare room, and I didn't know it until I opened the spare room door and saw the cieling sagging with wet insulation :o.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Well, since it was an act of God my insurance will have to pay for it, of course that's AFTER I pay the deductible. That means the insurance company will pick up about $20.00 after fixing the hole and a couple of other things.

Good thing it we didn't have any MAJOR damage, lots of others in our area weren't as lucky...

Grip

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had that happen to us earlier this year also. Hole is just smaller than baseball ! I went to utility porch to the washer and saw water dripping, looked up and saw the small tree limb sticking thru! What a mess!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing you found it before a soaking rain comes along. Too bad about your house being damaged. Hope his insurance covers it :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions