How green is your valley?

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi all! A few weeks ago I had intended to get a stunning picture of the "greeness" around here. The air was clean and fresh and spring was bustin' out all over. I waited too long, now the bluish haze in the distance is not distance. it's HUMIDITY! The horizon is only about 5 miles away. I took this pic at 100 degrees, with 107 heat index. I know, it's gonna get worse. What I mainly wanted to share is about the time I took this , a friend moved up here from Arizona, while he and his dogs were trying to acclimate, (not accomplished yet), He made the comment, "I didn't know He** was so green!" That's gonna make me smile all summer.

ng

oh yeah, this is not a "stunning" pic, have to work on that

Attachments

• resize hell.jpg
    resize hell.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 384

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful picture, naturegirl! Here's a couple of pics for you---the first is a valley by Sandcreek taken in the early spring and the second picture is a place you're familiar with--The Western Wall.
regards~~sandcreek4

Attachments

• DSC01688.JPG
    DSC01688.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 354
  • Western Wall.JPG
    Western Wall.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 349

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Nice one naturegirl, this was taken last month, the valley is even more green now.

Attachments

• phpNBNJRfPM.jpg
    phpNBNJRfPM.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ooohh, the Western Wall. So much exploring to do there. Were you above Pond Creek for that picture? Thirty 7. that's a pretty place. I see places like that, and I will learn to take good pics of them. I've really enjoyed everyone's pics of thier surroundings, it's a beautiful world, I figured everyone has a favorite valley. Of course I have too many to mention, so thanks for your replies,

ng

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Ooohh, the Western Wall. So much exploring to do there. Were you above Pond Creek for that picture?
ng
We were south of Pond Creek--in the pasture called the East Stish. That day my daughter took this picture we saw a whole bunch of wild hogs running along the timberline.
regards~sandcreek

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ah-hah! I was right, my husband was wrong. He saw a bunch of pigs head over the hill back to the wall this past spring. He thought the picture was looking southeast, I said northeast.

ng

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey sandcreek, I enjoy hiking around the TGP. Mostly in Fall and Winter months. Early Springs good too... Okay, anytime but Summer. Taking in the vistas and wildlife, birding an such. Me an my dog Biscuit... buckshot

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buckshot said:
Hey sandcreek, I enjoy hiking around the TGP. Mostly in Fall and Winter months. Early Springs good too... Okay, anytime but Summer. Taking in the vistas and wildlife, birding an such. Me an my dog Biscuit... buckshot
buckshot--The nature trails on the TGP are great for hiking! Do you take the long trail? I bet Biscuit loves it! Lots of wildlife and fauna to see, huh? :D But I'm like you on enjoying it more in the Fall and Winter months--I don't like to fight the snakes, ticks, chiggers(which we have a bad case of right now because we went fishing :crybaby2:) in the Summer months.
regards~~sandcreek

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures :thumbsup: this is my favourite trout lake :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Lake 001.JPG
    Lake 001.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Lake 001.JPG
    Lake 001.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 260

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics, nature girl. I don't miss the heat and humidity. We went over to the western slope where it was 90 degrees yesterday and I thought I would melt. If it will help y'all out, I'm fixin to go fishin and we'll run up on the divide and get a pic. It will most likely be snowing and in the 30's!

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
silver searcher, that water looks so cool and pretty. We have a trout lake here, but they have to stock it because the fish don't reproduce, but my husband said they are a lot of fun to catch. I haven't caught one because I don't want to fish in Feb. In fact when there is a winter storm, that's the best fishing.

Rginn, snow and 30 degrees. Yes that does help, we hit 100 again today, and tomorrow, and the next. And there is still July and Aug. to go. On second thought fishing in Feb. may not be too bad.

ng

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in the 40's and dropping. Snow above 10,000 ft. and rain below. Here's a warning for all the flatlanders. Just after I took that 1st shot I heard this 'fwuump' right behind me. This 12 year old girl from Iowa had come down off this rise behind me and just hit the ground. ALTITUDE! She scared us all to death, but was ok. I didn't take no pictures of that. I just thank God she wasn't about 20 feet farther on where she would have took a 500 ft. header before any of us could have caught her. Y'all come up here anytime, but be very careful and don't over do it.

Attachments

• lpa.JPG
    lpa.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 253
  • lpb.JPG
    lpb.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 256

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some beautiful pictures.Its past green here :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DCP_1486.JPG
    DCP_1486.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DCP_1486.JPG
    DCP_1486.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Takoda, is that your lawn you're watering? glad I don't pay your water bill.

Tn- we don't get that kind of altitude around here, that almost looks straight down, is fairly steep?

and MeinWV, I see a house way over there. I hope it's yours, that would be an awsome view. Thanks for sharing guys!

naturegirl

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
naturegirl,
The white building you see is the horse stalls, and the house is to the left, obscured by trees. That is the old homestead and is no longer in the family. This shot was taken from the lane and the house and barn are on the right, not seen in the pic. We spent last weekend there and it was very peaceful. We took bucket bath's after heating water on the stove. We worked hard at mowing and fixing things, but took time to fire up the pit and cook sausage on sticks. We then spent some time star gazing. We picked enough wild raspberries and blackberries to make a pie and got some deer burger out and cooked it up to make some "sloppy doe's". Saw plenty of deer, rabbits, purple martins, hummingbirds, and hawks.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, also, ng, sometimes if you'll wait until evening just before sundown that humidity will go down and you can get a pic without the haze. Sometimes, anyway. I'm fixin to head to Oklahoma early tomorrow to see my family and particularly my grandson Kalvin for a couple of days over the 4th. If y'all can have it cooled down, I promise to send about half our snow your way next winter. No ice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread