Interesting MD Find in the Water, and an eventful day

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Found this in about 10" of water in the Little Kanawha river at the Devil's Tea Table.

Ran it through the USGS website and found that it was from a Canada Goose, tagged in WV on June 28, 1988. I found it exactly 21 years later. They are sending a certificate of thanks and more info on the tagged bird.

We also saw a bear that day and heard coyotes howl two nights in a row. I wrote more about that in this post (sorry no pics):
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,252361.0.html

Also spotted two satellites side by side, seemed like a race because one passed the other and stretched out it's lead.

Attachments

• Bird Band pic.JPG
    Bird Band pic.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 263

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great time, excavator. It seems like I've camped more than lived indoors, but no matter where I'm at the coyotes are always around to sing at night.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha-ha, ok, song dogs is a good name. I wish everybody on here could have the same experiences excavator had!

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I've enjoyed the past month more than anything in recent memory, all the things we've done and seen with all the kids and grandkids together, it's going to be hard to top for quite a while.

We're all heading back to the farm tomorrow with a fresh load of groceries... and a giant memory card for my new camera.

Oops, just reminded myself to get back to finding USB drivers for the computer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread