Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why I haven't been metal detecting.

Here is the almost finished product of over 1000 combined hours of work from me and my wife, all done on weekends and after our "regular" jobs. We dug every hole, cut every board, turned every screw, and run every wire. We only had help from my parents and sister and her husband setting up the pool. This is our dream backyard come true. Our girls are enjoying this so much and will for years to come. We still like putting in some stone paths and a little more landscaping to be complete. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Our Backyard 001.JPG
    Our Backyard 001.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 571
  • Our Backyard 002.JPG
    Our Backyard 002.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 564
  • Our Backyard 003.JPG
    Our Backyard 003.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 550
  • Our Backyard 004.JPG
    Our Backyard 004.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 564
  • Our Backyard 005.JPG
    Our Backyard 005.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Our Backyard 006.JPG
    Our Backyard 006.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 539
  • Backyard2.jpg
    Backyard2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 539
  • Backyard3.jpg
    Backyard3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 551
  • Backyard1.jpg
    Backyard1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 537

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Re: Why I haven't been metal detecting.

Very very nice :icon_thumleft:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

You did a super job..Now go grab a raft and a cold one and relax...You and your wife deserve for a job well done.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys did a 'Great job'. :thumbsup:
We are almost neighbors, I live just west of you in OK.

Fossis.............

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet set up and even the cat approves. That was a ton of work but well worth it. I just hope you pounded the ground with the detector before you built it. ;D

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI

very tastefully done i must say. You must be wrapped with the end result. As one of the posters said earlier i think it is time to have a cold one in the pool. If ever there was an excuse for a BBQ I think you found it. Well done

sasnz

F

Felinepeachy

Absolutely beautiful job. When is the party? :thumbsup:

dfxone

Dec 12, 2005
ventura, ca.
Detector(s) used
whites DFX, Sovereign GT

It is time for a cool one, and getting back to metal detecting. Excellent wood work. enjoy it. GH, Don

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Very very nice :icon_thumleft:

Thanks shaun7!

RON (PA) said:
You did a super job..Now go grab a raft and a cold one and relax...You and your wife deserve for a job well done.

This is exactly what I've done every evening so far...until the next "project" anyway.

fossis said:
You guys did a 'Great job'. :thumbsup:
We are almost neighbors, I live just west of you in OK.

Fossis.............

Hey neighbor, thanks for the comment. Come over sometime and we will "sit out on the deck and shoot the bull". :D

naturegirl said:
Can I come over?

ng

Hmmmm, sure! :wink:

DigginThePast said:
Sweet set up and even the cat approves. That was a ton of work but well worth it. I just hope you pounded the ground with the detector before you built it. ;D

I've hunted this ground really hard, all I like hunting is the dirt that I have dug out and spread out in another part of the yard. Like I said, haven't metal detected since I started this project. And the cat is our newest member of the family, a stray that won't go away. :)

sasnz said:
very tastefully done i must say. You must be wrapped with the end result. As one of the posters said earlier i think it is time to have a cold one in the pool. If ever there was an excuse for a BBQ I think you found it. Well done

sasnz

Just had the first BBQ tonite.....Tri-tip, green beans, corn on the cob, and homemade dinner rolls....dang it was good!

Felinepeachy said:
Absolutely beautiful job. When is the party? :thumbsup:

Party TBA, everyone invited!!! ;D ;D ;D

dfxone said:
It is time for a cool one, and getting back to metal detecting. Excellent wood work. enjoy it. GH, Don

When the weather cools enough for me to stay out of the pool, the detector will be back in my hand. :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cheyenne you an the wife rock thats absolutly beautiful,I just showed the Red head she wants to know when you two are gonna come over an do ours she says I WILL help you an cook for ya'll lol, seriosly thats beautiful man ya'll did a great job :icon_thumright:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Wow, nice job! I bet you can't stop lookin' out the back door, huh? :hello2: Looks good at night too!

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tank69 said:
cheyenne you an the wife rock thats absolutly beautiful,I just showed the Red head she wants to know when you two are gonna come over an do ours she says I WILL help you an cook for ya'll lol, seriosly thats beautiful man ya'll did a great job :icon_thumright:

Tank69, I'll get right on that as soon as my back, and my knees, oh and my hands, and definately my feet get to feeling better. :laughing7: Thanks for the nice comments. :thumbsup:

cheese said:
Wow, nice job! I bet you can't stop lookin' out the back door, huh? :hello2: Looks good at night too!

Thats funny, I do find my self walking over to the dining room window and peeking out.....I guess I'm afraid it is all a dream. :D
Thank you for the nice words.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Job :thumbsup:

Now that you have the experience you can come supervise my pool deck construction :wink:

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

briankb70 said:
she's beautifull. you did great work cheyenne.
i thought you were just building a simple deck.
awesome deck you got there.

Thanks brian, what was going to be a simple fence and deck morphed into the monster you see. I'm working up a day of detecting and then a cookout. I will be sure and let you know when. :thumbsup:

Jeep said:
Great Job :thumbsup:

Now that you have the experience you can come supervise my pool deck construction :wink:

Now supervising I can do!! ;D I will accept food and drink as payment....and maybe some detecting on some of your better sites. :laughing9: Thanks for the comments.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I built a huge deck onto the back of my house several years ago and I didn't now anything about building decks. It shows! Let me give you a tip. Treat it with water proofing every other year and it will outlive you. I didn't, because I used "treated" lumber. Humbug! Don't mean a thing, it still needs weather protection. And don't use Thompson's Waterseal. My brother-in-law builds decks for a living and he said that was the worse treatment on the market. It will offer protection, and is cheap but you need to reapply it every year. Go for the highest priced treatment you can afford and buy it in bulk. I didn't and mine needs replacement after 10 years. And the price of lumbr has doubled since I built mine. Your dek is beautiful! Monty

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I simply love it ~ you did a fantastic job :thumbsup: I too hope you detected that ground before you started building. When's the party?

:wink: RR

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
I built a huge deck onto the back of my house several years ago and I didn't now anything about building decks. It shows! Let me give you a tip. Treat it with water proofing every other year and it will outlive you. I didn't, because I used "treated" lumber. Humbug! Don't mean a thing, it still needs weather protection. And don't use Thompson's Waterseal. My brother-in-law builds decks for a living and he said that was the worse treatment on the market. It will offer protection, and is cheap but you need to reapply it every year. Go for the highest priced treatment you can afford and buy it in bulk. I didn't and mine needs replacement after 10 years. And the price of lumbr has doubled since I built mine. Your dek is beautiful! Monty

Thanks for the compliment and advice Monty. I totally agree about the protection and taking care of it. With us owning the hardware store I was already aware of the Thompsons Water seal and how worthless it really is. I plan on coating it with CWF as soon as the board "dry". The fence and the deck planks are the new Yellawood....which is great...so far. :thumbsup:

River Rat said:
I simply love it ~ you did a fantastic job :thumbsup: I too hope you detected that ground before you started building. When's the party?

:wink: RR

Thanks southern neighbor! I did detect the ground...a bunch, I still like detecting the dirt I removed though. And the party is going to be soon!! 8)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow...

you just need the naked women and the champagne now :D