Record Breaking Low Temps for July

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
We've set a lot of new records for low temps this summer. Only a couple of days above 89 deg., but it's been real nice for outdoor activities, except swimming.

Got caught in this hail storm at lunch. Cars could NOT make it up Oglebay hill due to the large amount of ice on the road. I had to stop at Bob Robinson’s until traffic cleared up.
Took this picture on July 21st in Wheeling, WV.

Attachments

• Picture 106.jpg
    Picture 106.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 347

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty wild looking, Excavator! All those green trees with ice on the ground!
Nice shot!!
regards~~sandcreek

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
It caught a lot of people by surprise, you could tell that a lot of the drivers were the ones that stay home when it snows at all.

It's been a really cool summer here with the majority of days in the 70s, nights in the 50s, even a few at 48-49. July 4th, we were all in fall clothes for the fireworks, even had to light the fireplaces at the farmhouse.

In the past we've had the heat index at 112 deg., but the heat and humidity have practically bypassed us this year. Sometimes I kick the a/c on just to make sure it works. :D

The weatherman keeps saying that the heat will be moving up from the south, so far he's been wrong.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic. Maybe you won't get the heat. I was in Oklahoma over the 4th and it was 108, but it cooled down into the 80's on the 4th with rain. I been here in the mountains and can't take the heat no more like I used to. I'm in trouble when I die, I guess.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky you ,we sure aint coolin down any down here in the desert this year.

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
It's official, we just had the coolest July on record.

We had two days in the 90s this week, and would ya believe, all the pools were closed.

We're back to 78 degrees at the moment, and nothing higher than 81 forecast for the next ten days.

Have to go back a long time to remember not sweating to death all summer!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we finally got heat & Humidity here in PA
Thunder storm just went through with a very weak
cold front. is to be hot and humid awhile yet.

I Love it ! I hate the Cold. in another month I
Will be ready for the Spring Warm up.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had been Aug weather in July so hot it was miserable then Aug comes it has not really been that uncomfortable for Aug it has been unseasonably cool. We don't get bad storms in Aug we are lucky to get rain it stormed tornado night before last no power from 11 pm Mon, till 4 am this am and its a temp fix I think they are out of power poles they are broke all over this end of town, I'd post pics but my camera made an unexpected trip out of town for a few days. The weirdest thing I saw was a tree in the top of another tree!

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Felt like Winter in July too! We did our fireworks on the 4th wearing sweatshirts and jackets, the kids were bummed because they couldn't go swimming.

It was official, coldest July since records began.

According to NASA, we have been at an historic solar minimum, lowest in 100 years of record keeping. I hope this doesn't mean an extreme Winter season!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions