BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (mistaken Identity)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
When I got done putting a clothes line post in the ground, my wife hollered at me, " come lookit dis thang! " She said when she opened the window, it flew in. I told her it was a harmless cicada killer wasp, but it was too late, she had swatted it several times. No guts. But still beauty in death, enjoy..........NGE This is NOT a Cicada Killer, it is a katydid killer also known as a great black wasp. Notice that its eyes are glossy and have pupils, instead of segmented octogons.

Attachments

• heres looking atcha.jpg
    heres looking atcha.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 402
  • booooooo.jpg
    booooooo.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 409
  • cicda killer boo.jpg
    cicda killer boo.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 404
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

couple more........

Attachments

• cicda killer headshot.jpg
    cicda killer headshot.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 397
  • cicda killer 1..jpg
    cicda killer 1..jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 407
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

it's a good thing my wife didn't see how I was taking these shots, she would've thought I fell off of the back porch and landed on my belly :laughing9:. I took 70 shots of this critter using all kinds of settings ??? sure glad someone invented digital/filmfree cameras. The pics you see are what made it. BTW, I used super macro, it allows me to get within 4/10's of an inch away from the subject, I did not use a tripod, all are taken with camera in hands........NGE P.S. My camera is a Fujifilm S2000HD

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks for all the comments. Just think.....if I could afford any kind of photo-shop, I'd be dangerous :laughing9:........NGE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I use microsoft picture it express 7.0 photo program and the one that came with my camera for the videos. If you want to see the videos that this camera does, go to youtube and type in search bar; Newburgh Jammers, my screen name there is aliasfred.........NGE

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, bud. But the missus done the right thing. I got this thing about wasps. If that rascal flew in my house I would have shot him dead so fast that if he blinked he would have died in darkness. Course, I'll tolerate rattlers, scorpions, and all other God's creatures of ill-repute.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
As stated in my edited post, This is not a cicada killer, but a katydid killer (just as large). the cicada killer has white markings on its abdomen, Mine does not. But it is just as deadly in its meal preparations......NGE ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread