Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Took a walk today to try to get some nice fall pictures. I took some new trails near an old church. I always thought it was odd that this old church from the early 1700's was alone with no nearby homes. It just didn't make sense that people would have to travel great distances to worship.
After a few minutes of walking I realized why. After only a few minutes I found two old stone structures that I never knew existed. One may have been a barn or some type of grain storage building, but the other is more likely a home. I took more than 25 pics, but here is the best shot of one of the foundations.

PB030010a.JPG

I walked a bit further into the woods and came to a clearing of ivy and saw a chimney standing alone on a hill. At first I thought it was the only thing remaining from an old home, but there does not appear to be a cellar depression. The ground is covered with stones, which makes me wonder if it some type of furnace.

PB030023a.JPG

I checked every record and website and can find no record of anything existing in these woods. I think there may be more structures as well!

Needless to say, I will be returning with my V3 ASAP!

S

seger98

Really neat place, hope you find alot of good stuff there!

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello! The chimney in the second picture appears to have square looking holes that are alternating. I think that was a log home at one time. Some of them didn't have cellars or at least, not under the house. Both places look excellent to hunt :icon_thumleft: Goodluck! Paul :coffee2:

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
pganjon said:
Hello! The chimney in the second picture appears to have square looking holes that are alternating. I think that was a log home at one time. Some of them didn't have cellars or at least, not under the house. Both places look excellent to hunt :icon_thumleft: Goodluck! Paul :coffee2:

Excellent observation! Here are more shots of the chimney, one close up and one showing the ground in front of it.

Attachments

• PB030026a.JPG
    PB030026a.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 610
  • PB030031a.JPG
    PB030031a.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 619

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic shots ! It is a beautiful looking place just to see and wander around let alone the chance to hunt a spot like that ! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread