Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_santa:

Hope you enjoyed the snow :) we had our first white Christmas since the sixties :o :o

SS

Attachments

• snow 003.JPG
    snow 003.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 405

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I saw where SO MANY states had a WHITE CHRISTMAS this year than ever before! Congratulations and Enjoy!!!! -Noodle

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Noodle said:
I saw where SO MANY states had a WHITE CHRISTMAS this year than ever before! Congratulations and Enjoy!!!! -Noodle
You don't realize how sadistic that 'congratulations' is,but I'll forgive you,darlin'.You want some of this 30mph winds and single digit temps?Must be nice to live down south!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
warsawdaddy said:
Noodle said:
You don't realize how sadistic that 'congratulations' is,but I'll forgive you,darlin'.You want some of this 30mph winds and single digit temps?Must be nice to live down south!

Come on down and see me, sweetheart! Anytime!! It's BEAUTIFUL down south! I've got a pot of deer chili just waitin' for ya! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Noodle :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daddy ... on your way to Noodles STOP and pick me up...... shes got a pot of deer chili !!

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS your pic looks cold too! It was not that much snow it came after hours and hours of sleet I am talking maybe 6 then the snow but, it was the wind white out blizzard conditions. It was somethin we've not had that in soooo many years in OKC 14 inches it was a record.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 4H ! We had a blast in the snow but, poor kids it was powdery so no snow ball fight really just throwing hadfuls of it ! And Hunter he was brushing the snow away he wanted to swing!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of folks had one this year, we only had about 1", farther north , up to 7", stay warm.

Fossis............

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
metal granny, I loved the last pic best- snow angel! This is the third blizzard that I remember since we were married. Went for a moonlight walk, the moon is only a little over half-full, but with the snow, it's ethereal! I'll have to go back out. Merry Christmas :hello:, and have an Awsome New Year!

ng

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossis did you get much drifting? We here only had 2.5 to 4 inches depending on which channel you listen to LOL! But it was the blowing and drifting that was bad here!
Did you got to the same place for Christmas as last year?

Naturegirl I bet the walk was great! And Thanks Kirstin was having a great time making it!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't much of 'an event' here, no drifts .

Fossis...........

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pics, I know the children loved it too.

We had a first white Christmas in '07. The the big one in '08 (that one was a real pain) and the snow 2 weeks ago.

So it does snow in the sunny deep south.

:wink: RR

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness. The bad thing about Oklahoma is it would always start with rain then turn into snow, so we'd have snow on top of a sheet of ice. The city would invariably plow off the snow and leave us the ice to drive on. We drove through a ground blizzard with high winds on I-70, 25mph driving speed from about Idaho Springs to Silverthorne Friday afternoon. I was the only Okie on the road and my Texan cousins must have stayed home, so ever body made it safely through.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert, yes you remember well and right ! On our way home from the kids the plows were out on main street shoveling the snow off so we can slide on ice! Should have left the snow it was easier to drive on!
But, thats what always happens!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
That's exactly the way it goes! It's like a recipe, first bring up gulf moisture and mix with cold air. Add an inch of freezing rain, or drizzle if you don't like too much sp"ice". Frost with several inches of snow. Right before serving, sprinkle with salt and sand, then plow the whole mess up right at the end of the driveway! But, for all the headache I still enjoy it, Mainly because it doesn't stay long.

As for the walk last night Metal Granny, I can't describe how beautiful it was. I went back out again. The Gilcrease museum had a show of Remington's night time paintings a few years back, called "the color of night", and that's what I kept seeing, all the colors of night, the snow really threw the light around, and the air was as crisp as it is in rginn photos. Tonight should still be pretty, I imagine there will be enough snow left.

naturegirl

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
SS your pic looks cold too! It was not that much snow it came after hours and hours of sleet I am talking maybe 6 then the snow but, it was the wind white out blizzard conditions. It was somethin we've not had that in soooo many years in OKC 14 inches it was a record.
It's unusuall for us to get the dry snow :P ours tends to be quite wet :P but this has been around for over a week now, due to the fact we had sharp frosts after the snow, then rain, then more frosts, very icy conditions :'( tryed to get out hunting today, but to much snow still in Yorkshire, even though the thaw has set in :-\

SS

Attachments

• snw 008.JPG
    snw 008.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 301

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread