Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kid's gonna be good at this sort of thing, sandcreek. Her pics are already at the level of 'in this month's issue of Oklahoma Today...' Great pics, and y'all keep encouragin her.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's doing good, i've noticed I don't get as many E-mails now that Face-Book is getting so popular. :(

Fossis............

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Kid's gonna be good at this sort of thing, sandcreek. Her pics are already at the level of 'in this month's issue of Oklahoma Today...' Great pics, and y'all keep encouragin her.
Thanks RGINN! Outdoor Oklahoma(magazine) was having a contest and we entered some of her pictures in it. She has learned so much from taking pictures of wildlife and plants, its a science project everytime we go to the woods--she knows more about plants than I ever will! She said some day she'd like to write a book and prairie wildlife and wildflowers.
fossis said:
She's doing good, i've noticed I don't get as many E-mails now that Face-Book is getting so popular. :(

Fossis............
Thanks Fossis! All that "social networking" and facebook stuff is the trend right now, I guess. I have to pull her away from it sometimes and take her out in the woods so she can get pictures---and she's usually glad when I do. Then she has more pictures to post on her blog ::) ;D or facebook page.

sandcreek~~

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
There are Good :o Hmm what about a my Best Picture Thread :icon_sunny:

SS

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outdoor Oklahoma's cool too and let us know how she does. People don't think it but a lot of folks from Oklahoma are natural photographers. We have a natural sense of composition, a popular choice of subject matter, and that inborn feeling of being from and part of the land. Except for me of course.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
RGINN said:

SS
4-H said:
River Rat said:
Thanks Silver Searcher, 4-H and River Rat!! I'll have to look at your Best Picture Thread, Silver Searcher--(I haven't been to that part of the forum lately).
sandcreek~~

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Silver Searcher said:
RGINN said:

SS
4-H said:
River Rat said:
Thanks Silver Searcher, 4-H and River Rat!! I'll have to look at your Best Picture Thread, Silver Searcher--(I haven't been to that part of the forum lately).
sandcreek~~
Haven't started it yet :P but what do you think about one :P

SS

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
nice pic i took this one this morning

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 227
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve71 said:
Nice pic., Steve--is that a Viceroy butterfly? (That's the closest I could find in my book.) What was underneath that butterfly? :D Was that an arrowhead poking out?!
:hello:
sandcreek

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
sandcreek4 said:
steve71 said:
Nice pic., Steve--is that a Viceroy butterfly? (That's the closest I could find in my book.) What was underneath that butterfly? :D Was that an arrowhead poking out?!
:hello:
sandcreek
not sure on type of butterfly i tried to look up this other one i seen it was green swallowtail looking with yellow outline was neatest one i've seen yet.just cant find a pic of it yet. if it was an arrowhead i need kick myself in arse becouse i didnt see it,lol.i was looking for points but no luck.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start that thread, ss. There's some outstanding photographers on here and I know I enjoy their pics. Although that many good pics in one place might make me finally go ahead and take my camera to the pawn shop.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Start that thread, ss. There's some outstanding photographers on here and I know I enjoy their pics. Although that many good pics in one place might make me finally go ahead and take my camera to the pawn shop.
Silver Searcher did start the thread, RGINN---you need to post some of your beautiful pics on there---and you better not pawn that camera :wink:, because we always enjoy those Colorado pics.
(I posted one of Josie's buck pictures.)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those really ARE pretty pics! She could make some homemade calendars with her pics and give them to family for Christmas. Nice personal touch. Woops...........Did I say Christmas? Uh, oh!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Those really ARE pretty pics! She could make some homemade calendars with her pics and give them to family for Christmas. Nice personal touch. Woops...........Did I say Christmas? Uh, oh!
Thanks for the idea, packerbacker! We might just do that!
sandcreek~~

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ya know, there was a time I'd have said get her off facebook! But... :dontknow: It could be a good place for people to see her pics. I quit facebook a month or so ago because I picked up a virus on there, and I didn't want it to spread. Two family members had to take thier 'puters to the doc, so I'm pretty sure it came from me, I just deleated my account. Oklahoma Outdoors has a good competiton, I bet she does well. Now I'm gonna look for silver searcher's thread. Another good job Josie! ( I can't believe someone else knows the indigo bush! Not a true "indigo", I know it as "bastur-d indigo, or false indigo. Finally, someone else knows the name of that plant. I think it's pretty!)

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Ya know, there was a time I'd have said get her off facebook! But... :dontknow: It could be a good place for people to see her pics. I quit facebook a month or so ago because I picked up a virus on there, and I didn't want it to spread. Two family members had to take thier 'puters to the doc, so I'm pretty sure it came from me, I just deleated my account. Oklahoma Outdoors has a good competiton, I bet she does well. Now I'm gonna look for silver searcher's thread. Another good job Josie! ( I can't believe someone else knows the indigo bush! Not a true "indigo", I know it as "bastur-d indigo, or false indigo. Finally, someone else knows the name of that plant. I think it's pretty!)
So, far facebook hasn't been a problem for us. We have an Anti-virus and Internet Security software going all the time, because we have broadband internet service. It has saved us so many times from downloading a virus---its such a shame that people don't have anything else to do and always want to cause problems >:( . I think she enjoys her blog more than facebook.
I had to come home and research what the indigo bush was, naturegirl. It was growing along the gravel bar where we were arrowhead hunting and the smell was really sweet down in the creek bottom. So, it made us curious as to what it was. It has such pretty little flowers and foliage.
And I always look forward to the Spiderwort blooming--I think my grandpa called those "calf slobber" ;D ---its something I notice every year and always think about him when I see it.

allen said:
obviously shes a natural with a camera, great pics !!!
She says "thanks", allen :hello: . Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread