shasta105.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 299

Bikerboyzx6r

May 3, 2010
Liverpool, England.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
packerbacker said:
Took these pics today below Shasta Dam. The yellow plant is called Scotch Broom and it is blooming all over around here. The air is thick with the sweet smell of their blossoms.

Its also blooming here in the UK! Beautiful :icon_thumright:

Dan

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty. We have dandelions in bloom and that's about it for now. It's snowing again right now.

P

Pentico

Awesome place to work if you have a view like that one.

ChrisP

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
Ah... Shasta Dam, spent many an hours around there many years ago. My wife father worked on the construction of the dam, and when I was a very young man we watched as they removed the the head tower that sat behind the dam in the lake that was a few years after WWII. Somewhere we have some pictures of the Dam when the water was coming out of the flood gates, now that was an awesome sight.

jim

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
We used to go on a field trip every year to the dam, do the tour. I remember back in the late 70's we had a bad drought & the lake levels dropped & dropped. An old car, model T or something had been submerged & was now above the water line, they found a skeleton in the car & somehow retrieved a drivers liscence or got the info off his vin# or plates. Turns out the driver had been missing for many years, drove off the road & into the lake back in the 20s or 30s & nobody knew. Dont know if it was true or not, seems it was in the papers but I was a young pup then. Were you in the area at the time Packer? Do you remember this story? I lived 60-70 miles north of Shasta Lake in McCloud at the time.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those flowers, our air is full of 'Honeysuckle aroma'.

Fossis............

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic I got off the net that shows the dam with a few tubes open on the spillway. I have a pic somewhere that I took when we had 13 tubes open. I work in the building that you can only see the very tip of the roof in the lower left-hand corner. The view is about a 30 second walk from my desk. Beats working in some highrise with the street noise, smells, pollution and busy streets. I don't think I could live like that but I won't knock the folks that do. I lived in NYC for a time and hated it but some people can't live without the rat race.
I hadn't heard that story AP but I'd believe it. I was up here on vacation in the 70's and the lake was down about 200 feet; just a mudhole. There is an old town, Kettleman I think, and some old heavy equipment at the bottom.

Attachments

• shasta200.jpg
    shasta200.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 244

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread