Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, mantarraya. I got them through El General, and they were made in El Varal, Guanajato, Mexico.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all, and to further the education of Tnetters we should explain the 'kickers' reference posted by 4-H. We called cowboy boots 'sh*t kickers'. And it was used to refer to members of the cowboy persuasion. I imagine our overseas members are reading this and are thinking 'what the h***' Well it's a localized American cultural thing, so to fit in with it, get a 'Goat Ropers Need Love Too' bumper sticker, and we'll think you're from around here.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
I can't say the sh*t word :D
Here's a couple more
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-slang.html

Bach - To bachelor it. For men to keep house without a woman's help. Pronounced, and sometimes spelled, "batch".

Backdoor Trots - Diarrhea

Bacon - Meaning to save one’s self from injury. To save one's bacon.

Back Seats - An obscure and modest position, usually referring to politics.

Back Staircase - A derisive term for a bustle. Also called a "bird cage” or "canary cage.”

Bad Box - To be in a bad box, is to be in a bad predicament.

Bad Egg - A bad person.

Bad Hoss - A bad or wild horse.

Badlands - From a French term meaning "bad country for travel." The term applied to barren areas of South Dakota, as well as other inhospitable western locations.

Bad Hoss - A bucking Bronco

Bad Medicine - Bad news.

Bag of Nails - Everything in confusion, topsy-turvy.

Bait - Food

Baker’s Dozen - Thirteen.

Bake - To overheat a horse by riding too fast, long, or hard.

Bakes - One’s original stake in a game.

Balderdash - Nonsense, foolishness; empty babble.

F

Felinepeachy

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are some awesome boots. :thumbsup: I'd be afraid to wear them too :tongue3:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Ginn, sharp looking pair of boots. Do you do any 'rodeo' or 'showing'? Those Mexican leather workers are usually pretty
skilled and do quality work. I have a hand-tooled belt with my name on that I have worn for more than 20 years. My mother
bought it for me when she visited Mexico back in the 70's. It still looks almost as good as it did when she gave it to me.
Ray

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 4-H you had a few obscure references even I didn't get, but I heard most of them. Thanks Ray, but no Rodeoin. I'll go to 'em, but them bulls will kill ya. And if you ever see somethin advertised as 'Ranch Rodeo', by all means go to it. This is a throwback to what originally started rodeo, just regular hands doin what they did every day at work. No polish and no ESPN, and it's usually guys you know. Sometimes pretty funny, too. Molly, these boots ain't made for walkin. They do have a walking heel on them (I usually prefer a riding heel) but the soles are leather and slick. No getting out in the snow or ice. They're made for riding and looks. And probably dancing with pretty senoritas, but Maria won't let me do that. There's a whole terminology and culture surrounding boots, and you can pretty much tell a lot about a person by their boots. (Well, used too anyway) (I can't dance, either)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love them kickers. The only time you see anything like them around here was when the 101 Ranch Rodeo use to bring in "BIG" entertainment for durning the rodeo ie: Ken Curtis, Monty Montana ect. That belt is real nice too! :icon_sunny:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are too nice to wear to 'any old goat ropin', better save them to dance with your Senorita. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
karenray08 said:
Ginn, sharp looking pair of boots. Do you do any 'rodeo' or 'showing'? Those Mexican leather workers are usually pretty
skilled and do quality work. I have a hand-tooled belt with my name on that I have worn for more than 20 years. My mother
bought it for me when she visited Mexico back in the 70's. It still looks almost as good as it did when she gave it to me.
Ray
Ray -I've got a shoulder holster made for a 1911 in the early 60's in MX and it's still like new.Remember the $100-150 'tuck n roll' put in the cars of the 50's in Mx?Quality work.
And yeah,RGINN,I like the boots a lot and I can still dance!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't afford it, but yeah I do remember that tuck and roll, warsawdaddy. In fact, you could get that done by the inmates in the prison in Granite, OK, back in the 50's and early 60's. Them boys did some fine work for not much money then. They don't do that anymore, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions