Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
woo hooo, Got another biggun'

Well went to my fav lake to listen to the Jammers, but there were only two there. So I walked out onto the dock to see if anyone was catching anything. They were, tiny bluegills ::). But, I noticed a dark shadow following a youngsters bluegill that was on his line. That's when I sprang into action and went to my truck to retrieve my heavy duty fishing stuff. I asked the kid if I could have his fish, he said sure, "we don't eat the little ones" I told him that if his family was fishing for food, that I would catch him a big fish, then they could have it for dinner. He said cool........ :notworthy:. Well I rigged that little 'gill up on a 002 treble hook and set him back in the water, he swam a little ways then........BAM!!!! I set the hook and caught this beauty 19 inches long and 3 1/2 pounds. Hid grandmaw thanked me for the dinner, and I said, anytime :hello:. The sunset was not spectacular tonight, so I am glad I took some cloud pattern pics earlier. I played around with the hues and colors a bit. Tell me what ya think........NGE P.S. I had my flip up sunglasses on and was chewing on a piece of gum.

Attachments

• better than sunset.jpg
    better than sunset.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 528
  • pretty in purple.jpg
    pretty in purple.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 521
  • nineteen inch  three and a half pounds.jpg
    nineteen inch three and a half pounds.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 526

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: woo hooo, Got another biggun'

Great looking fish and the Cloud pics are awesome! :thumbsup:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Great that you shared...never had bass before. Is it a good eating fish????

Zane

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2010
Ohio

That's a nice one!
Great cloud pictures as well. :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Bass is a great eating fish,but here in MO we release them for another day.I released a 6.75lb one.Fun to catch on artificials with lots of action.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice cloud pics. Experiment some more. Bass are excellent eating. They fillet very nicely. Of course, I haven't caught a large mouth bass now in about 7 years. Or ate one. All I catch are a bunch of old trout, which really don't have a lot of flavor to em.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

RoninPA, yes bigmouth bass are good eating. I ususally catch & release on everything I catch, but this woman couldn't catch a big one to feed her two kids, so I helped. I most of the time do use artificials, but when they're stalking 'gills, that's what I'll use.......NGE

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nowgittineverything said:
RoninPA, yes bigmouth bass are good eating. I ususally catch & release on everything I catch, but this woman couldn't catch a big one to feed her two kids, so I helped. I most of the time do use artificials, but when they're stalking 'gills, that's what I'll use.......NGE

If you are catching them with blue gills they are some nice fish. I was watching a water snake swim to shore once and out of the water came a bass and took the snake in about 6 inches of water. They are top of the food chain around here. Nice catch. Bass are perch and good eating but more fun to just catch.
Happy fishing
TnMtns

P

Pentico

Nice Bass!
We use to catch Bass in Texas when I was going to college there.
Bass is great eating, love them pan fried with cornmeal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread