Well hook em, and hook em good!!!!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Probably my last Lake Erie Island romp for the season. Dang, what a few days it's been.

Hope you enjoy another "cliff" house, This one was actually a ship owned by the Ford Family, I believe it's name is the Edsel.

A few of the "head" boats you'll see here and there amongst the Islands, they usually follow us to find their fish.

And last but not least...I ended up in ER to have this bad boy extracted....hubby dropped me off at the entrance and then whizzed off to drop of our perch haul (we caught our limit):)

Attachments

• DSCF0514.JPG
    DSCF0514.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCF0515.JPG
    DSCF0515.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF0505.JPG
    DSCF0505.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCF0497.JPG
    DSCF0497.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 438

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought this might be a Texas Longhorn post!

Oh those lake perch are like candy!
We used to charter on lake Mi for Salmon/Steelhead
In the summers, the big "white bellied" lake perch would come close to shore. We could fill a couple 5 gallon bucket full of those babies in a few hours.
Some of those perch grew to 16-17 inches! Just like a Walleye

Cool pics. I miss lake Eerie

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that, and all I can say is ouch. Im hoping it was a barbless hook, but assuming it wasnt. Hope all is well Vibes.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
4-H said:
I thought this might be a Texas Longhorn post!

Oh those lake perch are like candy!
We used to charter on lake Mi for Salmon/Steelhead
In the summers, the big "white bellied" lake perch would come close to shore. We could fill a couple 5 gallon bucket full of those babies in a few hours.
Some of those perch grew to 16-17 inches! Just like a Walleye

Cool pics. I miss lake Eerie

I thought everyone here knew I was a HUGE NDU fan?

Gooooo....Irish:)

Perch= We caught 16 lbs. yesterday and 10 today....I can't wait for our annual fishfry.

I did catch a baby "wall" this morning, actually hooked him on my perch harness AND a yellow perch to boot>> First fish in the box today...let the walleye go, just short of 15".

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
mainer said:
Been there, done that, and all I can say is ouch. Im hoping it was a barbless hook, but assuming it wasnt. Hope all is well Vibes.

Thanks mainer...I hooked a tendon BUT, but, but...I am 100% good...whew! This is one sure way to make oneself get a tetanus shot. Now I am promoting T-shots....LOL When's the last time u had one???

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironically enough about 3 years ago when I did the same thing you did. :laughing7: Glad your doin better. Enjoy the perch.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not one who goes fishing, but isn't that end supposed to go in the fishes mouth :icon_scratch:

Love that cliff house.. I bet they bought the boat in case of worldwide flooding, and they will just float around until the water table drops :tongue3:

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vibes said:
I ended up in ER to have this bad boy extracted....hubby dropped me off at the entrance and then whizzed off to drop of our perch haul (we caught our limit):)

So, did that end your fishing, or did you fish it out till you caught the limit you mentioned, then do in for removal??

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
bill-USA said:
vibes said:
I ended up in ER to have this bad boy extracted....hubby dropped me off at the entrance and then whizzed off to drop of our perch haul (we caught our limit):)

So, did that end your fishing, or did you fish it out till you caught the limit you mentioned, then do in for removal??

we caught the limit before the incident...and I fished today....caught 50, the limit is 60....so not bad eh? And I have NO pain...none....I can still dig diamonds:)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt that, Been there!!! barbed fish hook in the Ear!!!! Hope You feel better soon!!!!

Now when the Dr askes if you have ever had any pericings you can show him the Pics!!!!

I can show the scar!!!!

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
Sorry to here about your ER visit vibes,that pic makes me cringe with pain in my hand.Maybe you should stick to dirt fishing instead, at least you wont hook youself with the detector LOL.....just kiddin, I know from all your posts how you love fishing on erie. The pic of the house is totally AWESOME! HH

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That hurts just to look at. And I got a tetanus shot about 3 years ago when I wrecked my bike, as in bicycle, and we won't go into detail on that just now.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so just curious what is the daily catch limits on Vibes in lake Erie :laughing9: sorry I had to , glad the hand came out ok , tellin ya you sure know how to make allot of us miss Lake Erie .

Tank

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
packerbacker...thanks for the site...but I sure as heck I NEVER have to utilize the info, ever! One and done is my hook motto:)

tank...It's such a magical place to me. I especially LOVE Johnson's Island! I wish i could MD there...but it seems the arkies are the only ones allowed to dig that dirt, much to my chagrin!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch! I hope the extraction was less painfull than the "intraction". Perch! That word immediately took me back to my youth in Milwaukee WI and "fish-fry Friday"! TTC

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
TerryC said:
Ouch! I hope the extraction was less painfull than the "intraction". Perch! That word immediately took me back to my youth in Milwaukee WI and "fish-fry Friday"! TTC

It's all good now:) No pain at all...still on the anti-biotics as it hardly bled and that concerned the doc.

I'm leaving for the Crater of Diamonds this Sunday and going to meet a couple of T-net folk there....so I will probably pack some perch on ice for a lil fish fry Labor Day (we're all staying at the Miner's Camp:) )

Stop on by for some of the BEST Lake Erie Yellow Perch!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell ya a hook in yourself is hard to get out. I buried one in my foot and almost passed out trying to get it out. I admitt the doctor did a much better job than me. Glad Vibes is ok and still the fisherwoman! Happy Diamond diggin. Hope you pal is there at the site :hello:
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread