156.7 KB · Views: 303

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
wow, I love, love , love the campsite!

I've got my Girls Guide to the Open Road and hittin' it this weekend to Are-kansas:)

Always enjoy your pics!!!

(now I'm just waiting for the bike wreck details)

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my regular solo camp. I got a good tent, which goes up if I'm gonna be there a few days. If Maria is with me, she likes the tent, and the air mattress. It's just nice to sleep out and listen to things and go to sleep lookin up at the stars, which I've done many, many times.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he's lyin' Vibes. He sets the camp up for pics and then he hops into his 40-foot motor home and has Maria make him some sweet tea while they watch QVC on their satellite tv.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that packerbacker. Don't say it too loud, because Maria will be wanting an RV, and the TV, and the Satellite. Probably an indoor bathroom too. I don't know what QVC is, but I do know Telemundo and Univision. Strange, you hit the sweet tea thing dead on.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
AAHHH, man..nice looking country for exploring and camping. That blanket reminded me of the summer back when I was
15years old. Darn nearly every night for the whole summer the neighbor kid and I would lay blankets on the grass out back
of his house or mine and sleep out there where it was quiet and peaceful. We'd listen to the frogs and crickets and talk way
into the night and we would watch for and count the shooting stars. The air and sky was so clear that we would see
several every night. The most we ever saw in one night was 27 before we finally fell asleep. The one thing that I missed
hearing were the Whip-or-wills that were so common where I had lived before we moved to that area. We used to enjoy
those nights just sleeping out under the stars. My back wouldn't take the hard ground now, though. As much as I hate to
admit it, I have to have something softer...like a mattress. LOL.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Ray

PS In case you didn't notice, I changed my displayed name from karenray08 to the present one. Karen has never been on
here and it is part of our e-mail address. But with her name on the front it looked like it was her posting, so I finally
changed it to eliminate the confusion. LOL.

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
LOOK FOR TREASURE I'VE SEEN SOME WHERE THE FRONT AND REVERSE J WAS WHERE JESSY JAMES LEFT HIS LOOT!!!! IT COULD BE JESSY JAMES PRETTY SURE THAT'S THE SIGN OF JESSY JAMES

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker said:
I think he's lyin' Vibes. He sets the camp up for pics and then he hops into his 40-foot motor home and has Maria make him some sweet tea while they watch QVC on their satellite tv.
Sorry, PB, but NOBODY could stage the pics that come from RGINN's camera. He's either taking thousands and showing us the best, or he's a natural. Keep 'em coming, RGINN ! TTC

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is good to see you post, TerryC. PB's fine, I liked his post. Yeah I pretty much am a natural, as I did live in a teepee for about 6 years. I would as soon as go back in live in one now, but Maria won't go for it, as she would prefer the 40 ft. RV. Then I got PB encouragin her. Krazyhorses got those pics. Lots of pointer rocks in the picks, and note the cross carved above the rock shelter in the 3rd pic. This is probably a shrine, as directly below is a rock corral that Mexican sheep herders built. Jose Eusebio Pachecho carved his name in a rock in the 1880's in the cave. Visitors have obliterated the date now. Jesse James was probably never there, but Black Jack Ketchum was, and got hung and lost his head in Clayton. (They miscalculated the drop, I guess.)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RGINN said:
It is good to see you post, TerryC. PB's fine, I liked his post. Yeah I pretty much am a natural, as I did live in a teepee for about 6 years. I would as soon as go back in live in one now, but Maria won't go for it, as she would prefer the 40 ft. RV. Then I got PB encouragin her. Krazyhorses got those pics. Lots of pointer rocks in the picks, and note the cross carved above the rock shelter in the 3rd pic. This is probably a shrine, as directly below is a rock corral that Mexican sheep herders built. Jose Eusebio Pachecho carved his name in a rock in the 1880's in the cave. Visitors have obliterated the date now. Jesse James was probably never there, but Black Jack Ketchum was, and got hung and lost his head in Clayton. (They miscalculated the drop, I guess.)
Hey RG! Good to hear from you! I live above Murphys, but below Forest Meadows. The area here is rich in Me-Wuk history. My girlfriend's dad found a portable grinding bowl about 50 years ago, so I am always watching. It's not uncommon for such things to go unnoticed by some until a "new face" sees it. There is evidence of some old foundations near but it's hard to tell, even for a seasoned detectorist as myself. They are very overgrown. But, I'm starting to ramble. Back to the thread: nice pics, friend. TTC

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you know RGINN, QVC is one of those damnable shopping channels. One of my standing jokes is "Everything in our house has been seen on tv at one time or another. We have a Ron Popeal museum." (Ron Popeal is the guy that sells all this junk on tv , mostly to Americas women. Probably shouldn't have said that! :violent1: )

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So THAT'S where that PocketFisherman I got for Christmas one time came from.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic's as usual, i'me intrigued with the double j's, I just learned of two in this country I need to check on.

Fossis..........

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking camp.That is the life right there. Good for a man's soul. Great great pictures RGINN !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread