Lost colonial settlements- SE VA

U

umrgolf

Wanted to share a couple of the more scenic properties I detect. Even the days I don't find much are enjoyable.. You'll see why :thumbsup:

right out in front of my detector about 40 yards was an early homesite.. by my estimates, occupied 1750-1880

Riverside site
--------------------------------------------​
IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Bayside site
---------------------------------------------​
IMG_0098.JPG

in the photo below, about 10 yards in front of me was an early home, estimated occupation 1700-1760

IMG_0099.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

theviking said:
Very nice, looks like a great place to dig. Thanks for the view.

My pleasure :icon_thumleft: you're in an awesome place yourself :hello2:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful scenery pictures, Jeff! You guys have some sites that are only in dreams. Thank you for sharing. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Kirk PA said:
Beautiful scenery pictures, Jeff! You guys have some sites that are only in dreams. Thank you for sharing. :icon_thumleft:

I tried getting you to come out here all year :laughing9: and thanks, you guys have some nice ones yourself! Next year i'd like to see more site pics :headbang:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
umrgolf2010 said:
Kirk PA said:

I tried getting you to come out here all year :laughing9: and thanks, you guys have some nice ones yourself! Next year i'd like to see more site pics :headbang:

I agree with posting more site pics as they put a post into perspective. I like to see the tangled jungles and/or smooth swingin' easy diggin' spots that all of us hunt.

Great pics ! VPR

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

VERMONTPACKRAT said:
umrgolf2010 said:
Kirk PA said:

I agree with posting more site pics as they put a post into perspective. I like to see the tangled jungles and/or smooth swingin' easy diggin' spots that all of us hunt.

Great pics ! VPR

Yes, the only thing is a lot of folks are leery to show or tell anything.. Me, I don't care, as long as someone who tries to site-jump doesn't mind a shovel upside their head if I show up that day. :laughing7:

ASG3

May 30, 2010
Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pictures :icon_thumleft: I'm on the more site pics bandwagon! love seeing where people are searching :headbang:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics Jeff. Just imagine what it looked like 200 years ago. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread