Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was invited to a private tour of a local facility here off of the Tennessee River. They are what you call a quarantine facility for fresh and salt water fish. The fish come in and are held for periods of time to treat them for stress, parasites and disease before they go to large aquariums. They also do rescue and such for some of our endangered species as well. Good work going on here. :thumbsup:
This is not a public aquarium with large glass and lights so it was real hard to get shots through the little port holes. Most of these fish are prehistoric with fossil records back to the Dinosaur times.

First picture a 5' Alligator Gar. The Alligator gar can reach lengths of 8 to 12' long and weigh up to around 200 lbs.
100_3463.JPG

Second picture is the 5 footer with a big ole 8 footer.
100_3501.JPG

Third picture is a Beluga Sturgeon. I think they said this one was around 500 lbs and the largest one held in N. America. They have been recorded to grow 28 feet and weigh up to 4000 pounds.
100_3464.JPG

Fourth shot was of a Paddle fish. He was around 5' in length.
100_3493.JPG

Facility
100_3470.JPG

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it was just kinda diffrent.
Trying to get thru the snowy cold weather :icon_sunny:
HH
TnMtns

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Now see?! That was probaly a very cool tour, it's good those things are going on. those are some awesome fish, I was imagining 5'5" me along side some of those fish. those are BIG. :help: Thanks for the pictures.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from the fact that growin up on the southern plains we never had many water holes deeper than about two feet, these pics are perfect examples of why I never learned to swim. There are things in there that can eat you.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Now see?! That was probaly a very cool tour, it's good those things are going on. those are some awesome fish, I was imagining 5'5" me along side some of those fish. those are BIG. :help: Thanks for the pictures.

hahah Naturegirl I am sure you would look fine at 5'5'' swimming with the fish. Not sushi there but caviar. It is amazing to me just how big some fresh water fish do get.

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
damn, you gots me wanting to go fishing now lol i do most of my fishing in alton, illinois (MISSISSIPPI RIVER) around the dam where the world record cat was takin a few years back... I just love big fish and hope to make the newspaper some day with a record catch.... nice pics and thanx for posting.... :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread