Clear For Landing, I hope

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
I can still remember all the hours I spent in a Duck blind here in Iowa and can feel the excitement of the moment when they are about to land.Anyone who feels bad about hunting doesnt have to worry ,I could never hit the broad side of a barn.Now a paint brush is my gun. :icon_thumright:
Van

Attachments

• geese.jpg
    geese.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 246

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look like they are alive, great job Ed. :thumbsup:

Fossis...........

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
fossis said:
Those look like they are alive, great job Ed. :thumbsup:

Fossis...........
Thanks Fossis, Here's another shot. Shot these while trying to get some Eagle shots,but the Eagles wouldnt cooperate.
Ed

Attachments

• IMG_3694Geese res.jpg
    IMG_3694Geese res.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 248
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Woodland Detectors said:
Well if you want to put it that way, you are deadly with that brush. Your work is beautiful. I would hang your art in my great room any day!
Thanks for the nice compliments Mike.I haven't been using that brush much the last couple of years due to loss of sight, but have that fixed now and hopefully can get the brush going again.My camera has been my sight for a while now and I have a tendency to over sharpen things I shoot due to my vision.
Ed

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Wildlife is tough to capture an eye catching photo Van. You succeded in both of them :thumbsup:
Do you use your photos for ideas on paintings ? if so you have 2 good axamples right there :icon_thumleft: Glad to hear your eyesight improved :)

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Mike in Berks said:
Wildlife is tough to capture an eye cathing photo Van. You succeded in both of them :thumbsup:
Do you use your photos for ideas on paintings ? if so you have 2 good axamples right there :icon_thumleft: Glad to hear your eyesight improved :)
I do use photos for reference Mike. Lots of times I see a place that I like,then I take a photograph using it for the back ground From there I use pictures such as these and incorporate them in to the painting. I also have books that I use of Birds such as Mallards in the positions that there in when taking off and landing.In all there is a lot to it to make it right.Today's digital photography along with computers and good printers help a lot.I usually paint pretty large paintings when doing an original and then when I make prints from it ,they are usually about 75 percent of the original painting.As for the vision I too am really happy to see it improving.It was a very serious problem and to some extent still is. Thanks for your comments Mike.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The details in the painting really "pop". Very nice work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread