Slow walk with an "old dog"

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Slow walk with an "old dog"

I took a walk in the woods today mostly just to be outside enjoying nature. As I was leaving Sissy said she wanted to go I was a bit conserned she is about fifteen and sometimes has trouble walking, very rough terrain also. I myself have slowed down so I though she could keep up she did good for the first couple of miles and really enjoyed herself. Last couple of miles took a toll on both of us since we were climbing uphill. About a half mile from home she just sit down and looked at me as if to say. "I just can't go any farther, dad." I coaxed her and she finally started walking again. I stuck a small camera in my pocket because I didn't want to carry one of the bigger ones. First photo I noticed the batteries were almost discharged and I never brought any spares. I did take a few, these are just snapshots with a point and shoot camera. Picked up a few fossils along the way two were seashells so I guess I was walking on the "Tennessee Beach"

Attachments

• DSCF1595.jpg
    DSCF1595.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCF1597.jpg
    DSCF1597.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCF1599.jpg
    DSCF1599.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF1601.jpg
    DSCF1601.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF1608.jpg
    DSCF1608.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC08940.jpg
    DSC08940.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 277

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Slow walk with an "old dog"

Nice walk, I also gather fossils on our Ok beach. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice companion you got there!!! I'm sure she enjoyed the walk, even if it was a struggle for her at times. BTW, which one of you was the old dog?

OP
OP
Tn Gizmo

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II

Blind Squirrel said:
Nice companion you got there!!! I'm sure she enjoyed the walk, even if it was a struggle for her at times. BTW, which one of you was the old dog?

Actually both of us are, now that I think about it...the title should be, "Two Old Dogs Walking." ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread