"fried" my first turkey

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"fried" my first turkey

On Easter Eve I decided to try frying a 13 lb turkey using my Charbroil brand "Big Easy" propane cooker. It uses propane to cook and no oil to mess with. Came out great! One pic I took while it was in the fridge after I injected it with a mixture of turkey stock, butter, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder. Then I put a coat of canola oil, fresh ground sea salt and pepper on the outside. In the fridge pic it looks like a fish. ;D . Took exactly 2 hours. Ended up using 3 thermometers so none of it was "raw".

Attachments

• be1.jpg
    be1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 331
  • be3.jpg
    be3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 333
  • be5.jpg
    be5.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 327

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "fried" my first turkey

Looks 'yummy'. :P

Fossis..............

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A friend of mine boiled one in peanut oil and I tell you it was the best tasting bird I have ever had. Your's looks yummy too :thumbsup:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah crazy, the good thing about this is you get the same quality as one done in peanut oil and avoid the expense, hazards and cleanup that you have with peanut oil. PLUS...I have a grandson deathly allergic to peanuts!! :icon_thumleft:
Also, you don't have to wait for the oil to heat up and you use less propane. It's a win, win, win, win, win! You can also do chickens, chicken parts, beef, fish, hot wings, taters and other veggies; all kinds of stuff. Thanks for lookin'

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, that looks good enough to eat! :laughing7: I almost bought one of those last Thanksgiving but couldn't make up my mind.
After reading this post I will get one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread