1812 to 1843.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This site with this marker tells a some history. The marker was the site of the land office of Mr. Burwell, he was the person who laid out the lots for many acres starting in the early days of this part of Ontario. Mr.Burwell was a Friend to Thomas Talbot who was in charge of handing out land pattens in the early 1800s. Mr. Burwell had another location before this spot, he was located not far from this location. The picture of the valley is in the area of the first location that was burnt out by the Us troops in 1813 or so. The land owner does not allow any one one his land, this location of the first spot I would like to detect. I have been in the location of his first land office and home, we did not have a detector with us, we found some early red brick that was probably made on the site. I am sure there would be some neat items if it has never been detected, the site with the plague has been detected by acouple of others last year. I did talk to the land owners and got the okay to detect, not much of any thing left, lots of broken red brick. I will some day get the okay to walk the other site with my detector. Brian C.

Attachments

• P6030619.JPG
    P6030619.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 317
  • P6030622.JPG
    P6030622.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 311

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the history, maybe you will get to detect some day.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fossis said:
Thanks for sharing the history, maybe you will get to detect some day.

Fossis...............
That is what I have planned, the site is really hard to find, I have an early map of the first location, it shows where all the buildings were. HH

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OhioDeb said:
I enjoy the old sites as much as any relic hunter, this site should have some hidden goodies. I do not know how long the owner had time to get his belongings out if at all. This was the land registry office for many early settlers, there might be some old gold coins or just a welcome silver coin, but who really knows for sure?? :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread