The Perfect Lunch

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I reported to work at the same place a friend of mine works. He had built a homemade barbecue so I brought some brats to cook up for lunch. There are a lot of ways to cook and dress up brats but I'm a purist.
I put a slice in each brat about and inch long and halfway into each brat to help keep them from "exploding". Then place them in a saucepan, cover with beer and stick in the fridge for a couple hours. Then, as the chunks of mesquite charcoal are heating up, place the saucepan over the flames. I also slice a purple onion into thin slices, place them on some foil, add some chunks of real butter and pepper and seal it up and place that on the grill also. After the brats simmer for about 20 minutes you spread the coals out evenly and set the brats directly on the grill. Leave the saucepan with beer on the grill so it stays hot. After turning the brats once and both sides are done, place the brats back in the saucepan along with the foil packet of onions and butter.
Open a bun, place a bed of onions in it, then a brat and finally add some dijon mustard. Put a few chips along the side and walla, the perfect lunch. Had to have cola with them though, the cold beer we drank after work. ;D

Attachments

• brats1.jpg
    brats1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 778
  • brats2.jpg
    brats2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 773
  • brats3.jpg
    brats3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 795
  • brats4.jpg
    brats4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 793
  • brats5.jpg
    brats5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 848

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And I'm here eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich :dontknow: Looking good PB :thumbsup:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
packerbacker, Can't eat em fer grinnin!!!!!!!! Ever use cherrywood,nice now!! God Bless HH Chris

M

MiniMe

civilman1 said:
And I'm here eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich :dontknow: Looking good PB :thumbsup:

:o Oh yeah! I should have taken the other half of that T-bone I made for your lunch yesterday :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions