79.4 KB · Views: 4,698
  • K640_024.JPG
    K640_024.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,900

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
First I thought they were coon tracks, but after looking at the closeups, not sure. I have only seen one Fisher in all the years I've spent in the woods. Beautiful animal, spotted it in a wilderness area of North Central Idaho.

Looks like a mink made the smaller prints.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
ronwoodcraft said:
First I thought they were coon tracks, but after looking at the closeups, not sure. I have only seen one Fisher in all the years I've spent in the woods. Beautiful animal, spotted it in a wilderness area of North Central Idaho.

Ron, This one came right up to the sliding glass door,I was amazed,course wouldn't want to try and grab him!!!!! Looked like an over grown ferret.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
worldtalker said:
ronwoodcraft said:

Ron, This one came right up to the sliding glass door,I was amazed,course wouldn't want to try and grab him!!!!! Looked like an over grown ferret.
Too bad you weren't able to get a picture, that would have been a rare catch.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
ronwoodcraft said:
worldtalker said:
ronwoodcraft said:

Too bad you weren't able to get a picture, that would have been a rare catch.
Ron, Several years back I heard this screeching growling from the woods,finally heard the noise they make on youtube,that's what it was!I always hope to see him again some day as I now have my camera with me ALWAYS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread