crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While going home yesterday I decided to stop by the Old Magarita Ranch House On Camp Pendleton. This place is rich with history when the Spanish still owned the land. I have driven by here for 33 years but never stoped. This is as close to the house as I could get as it is only open for touring on certain days of the month. An old railroad used to be in opereation many years ago. I'll try to update later as the specific details, but for now I hope you enjoy some of the hasty pics I took.

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04614.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04611.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04609.jpg

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't you though?
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Fossis............

PBIAB

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you can get in there CJH, still have your camos? :wink: ;D

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PBIAB said:
Oh you can get in there CJH, still have your camos? :wink: ;D

Good idea :laughing7: But my old cammies are long gone. Maybe I can go to Saigon Sam's and buy some used ones. Plenty of surplus stores around here.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marchas45 said:
Nice area my daughter lives in Santa Margarita. :thumbsup:

Santa Magarita is North of here in Orange county. The Santa Magarita river runs through the base which is in San Diego County. Your a long way away.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool place. I may add it to my list of places I will detect after that Mayan apocalypse thing, when rules may be more lenient. (if it isn't underwater or ice) Never hurts to have goals and look to the future.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 60's, they were asking for voluntiers to help search Mission San Louis Rey. I didn't get to go because I was on the pistol team and the hours didn't jive. Some Marines I knew said they uncovered quite a bit of a wooden rail line with leather wrapped tracks?? I should have gone..didn't make the pistol team either.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kenley said:
Back in the 60's, they were asking for voluntiers to help search Mission San Louis Rey. I didn't get to go because I was on the pistol team and the hours didn't jive. Some Marines I knew said they uncovered quite a bit of a wooden rail line with leather wrapped tracks?? I should have gone..didn't make the pistol team either.

I hope they ask again. This time I'll be ready :icon_sunny: Thanks for the info though. Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions