Caribbean Comfort

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just have my Nook and I don't know if I can post pictures with it but I will describe my surroundings.

Me and the wife are sitting in adirondack chairs with blood marys on a Caribbean beach. The ocean is about 50 feet in front of us. It is 81 degrees with a nice cool breeze. The baby is asleep on a bed to my left, my son is playing in the sand in front of the bed and my daugther is asleep in a hammock to our right. The staff comes by with drinks, food and cigars (although we don't smoke). With the kids so happy I'm actually able to read...going to do some detecting tomorrow morning.

I don't think I want to leave this place.

Happy hunting.

NJ

Baja181

Apr 9, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:sunny:

I'm stuck in my office at work but for a brief moment you took me to paradise.... Haha! Enjoy the moment!

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone...I did some detecting but not much...hard to sneak away with three little ones.

I found two silver kids rings but no gold... >:(. My travel scoop is stuck together so I only brought a small hand scoop that makes hunting the surf rather tough so I stuck to the shallow water and wet sand. Found lots of coins...nothing valuable but I love the variety of foreign and Domincan coins that turn up.

Family had such a good time that I think we are going to go back in November. My wife want to have my daughter's first birthday there.

Flew home last night and came to work to start the process of getting caught up. I have to interview a ton of people next week for an open position I have so I wanted to get through my emails and other stuff. Back to the grind...damn it is hard to adjust back to normal life. They do spoil you there...

Hope everyone is having a good 2012 so far and I do plan on trying to get out today at lunch time for a short hunt. The beach is fun but I love land hunting.

NJ

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
Thanks everyone...I did some detecting but not much...hard to sneak away with three little ones.

That's why they invented duct tape :laughing9:

Only a 20 degree difference from your place and NJ at this time too, it's early springtime here. :tongue3:

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
N.J.THer said:

That's why they invented duct tape :laughing9:

Only a 20 degree difference from your place and NJ at this time too, it's early springtime here. :tongue3:

This has been a mild winter in NJ. Although it did snow today but nothing stuck.

I'll have to try the duct tape trick...I'll let you know how I make out.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread