My Basic Metal Detectin Gear

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here's my basics that i always have on me...
DSC04057.jpg

Starting with the pack as a means to hold my finds, I have my steel shovel(best one ive owned yet!), my garden weeder, and my newly acquired Garret Pro-Pointer(gotta say, makes life a LOT easier).... Love havin a pack that can hold 2 water bottles, great for thirst quenching.....

OP
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a bounty hunter pioneer 202, didnt include that in the pic.. I would strongly suggest a garret pro-pointer they are amazing, i find targets in less than half the time i use to take without it :)

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife freaked when I spent $15 on a pinpointer from Harbor Freight, so she would kill me for spending $120 on one.

She won't kill you if it helps finding a large gold ring worth $500.00 !!! Go get one they work great :headbang:
Glen

OP
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
agreed :) invest $$ to make some

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother, TimC, owns a Garett Pro-pointer. I own a different brand. The Pro-pointer is good BUT the sound attracts attention (defined:too many kids) quicker than dead meat attracts flies! Any kid(s) that see how difficult it is for me to get down to dig... and then back up again... knows if they can get their hands on the find, they got me beat running away with it! TTC

OP
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hmm didnt think of that....garret pro pointer accessory===== mace! yee haw damn rebel youth

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother, TimC, owns a Garett Pro-pointer. I own a different brand. The Pro-pointer is good BUT the sound attracts attention (defined:too many kids) quicker than dead meat attracts flies! Any kid(s) that see how difficult it is for me to get down to dig... and then back up again... knows if they can get their hands on the find, they got me beat running away with it! TTC

The sound is no excuse to not own one, really. I bought one a couple years ago not knowing anything about the sound prior to trying it out right after I opened the box. I put the battery in, pushed the button, put the tip to a piece of metal and heard the loud annoying beeeeeeeeeeeep and thought "hell no!" I wrapped electrical tape over the speaker and have never taken it off.

You could also totally seal the speaker off easily or just unhook it as I've seen mentioned on other sites. There are ways

OP
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the sound personally, i equate it to the cha-ching of a register haha

Top Member Reactions