Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0720.JPG 100_0710.JPG 100_0714.JPG

Spent 8 days in Colorado's high country chasing Elk with my muzzle loader. The Elk won this time.

Never saw such a silly sign, it's at the bottom of a steep trail, I guess you are supposed to push your motorcycle up the 50 degree incline, and then fire it up and coast back down. Must be some kind of a loop hole to keep the trail open, but not really. Every time I go out there more and more trails are closed. I thought it was everyone's forest....not just the bicycle pedalers.:icon_scratch:

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice Pictures!! I used to hunt elk with a muzzle loader too.

The Forest Service built some huge fences around a couple of aspen groves near where I live. They put up signs that said the fence was built to protect the aspen tree's from deer and elk. They say the aspen tree's are critical for wildlife habitat.

I thought deer and elk are wildlife, and I don't know how the aspen groves survived for a few hundred years before the forest service arrived to save them.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m thinking they do not want anybody mountain climbing (or whatever it’s called) with motorcycles.

Nice pictures.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you made it up here Gold Maven and sorry you struck out. They're probably thinkin that uphill motorized travel will tear the ground up and make it prone to erosion. Strange they decided to compromise and allow downhill travel. I myself would tend to prefer no atv's in the forest. Too much noise, cuttin do-nuts around my camp, etc.... However, for the most part that doesn't happen. Plus, I can take off and walk ten miles right now to a backcountry lake and camp, and there's some folks that can't do that, but with an atv they sure could. It's public land, so why deny them the access? They surely won't do more damage than the mining era did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread