lunch on the verde

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
100_2220.JPG 100_2219.JPG 100_2221.JPG 100_2215.JPG 100_2217.JPG
went out and had lunch along the verde...this spot has had people here since humans first entered the area...now the company "reclaiming the slag pile" has posted no tres passing...
(ok..this border patrol guy has stopped four Mexicans crossing the border..."so guys, I am retiring soon, an in all my years on this border, I have caught people in pairs, four, five...fifteen people...but I have never caught three of you at once...what's the deal?"
" oh meestr...the sign says no tres passing.")

anyway...carnitias in a box...beautiful weather...rainstorm rolling in...every cave/overhang on this slope has been occupied by someone at sometime...
some low life's have broken down the walls on the storage structures...grrrr. first time I saw this site was back in 74 or so...everything was intact.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a wonderful vista and I'll bet those carnitas were as authentic as they get.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ya.. I am spoiled rotten...
the place is called Concho's, in old town cottonwood...great food, wonderful people...good prices.
that iron pile is why a compass won't tell with way is north around here...it will tell you which way the slag pile is though...

click on the pic to get the close up on the ruins...sinagua period.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Tres passing...jajaja, it took a second but I got that. I will figure out how to translate that and use it on the family. That's pretty good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread