Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1161.JPG

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
beautiful little monster...hiding in the grass...try the fruit sometime...sure cures a sweet tooth...
warning...burn off the spines first, peel the skin...yummmie.

Had a Prickly Pear Margarita up in Jerome Az at the Haunted Hamburger. Those are pretty yummy too! :occasion14:

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
lol...dont fall down...it is a long way to go...

are you in the area of jerome?

That would be a long fall. Awesome view on the way down though. Lol. I'm from Asheville, NC. Have had the opportunity to vacation in Sedona several times over the last 20 years. I always visit Jerome, Prescott and some of the surrounding towns when I have the chance. I love that part of Arizona and enjoying showing it to my family and friends when I can. I envy your being able to live in such a beautiful place. Asheville's a gorgeous place too, but the humidity will kill you some days. I like that "dry heat".

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful shot Sheperdess!

Liked it so much I wanted to see if I could improve on it, so made a couple small
changes. If you don't like the changes please let me know and I'll remove it, but
I did want you to see it in a little better light.

IMG_1161-2.jpg

OP
OP
Sheperdess

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind you messing with my picture at all. Just tell me what you changed besides the brightness.
You can see that little ant on the flower petal much better in my picture that you doctored up. :hello2:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't mind you messing with my picture at all. Just tell me what you changed besides the brightness.
You can see that little ant on the flower petal much better in my picture that you doctored up. :hello2:

Hi Sheperdess: Glad you liked the changes. The brightness level was actually changed very little,
but I did make quite a few other changes in an effort to truly bring out the beauty of that
flower.

Here's what I did to it:

- First thing was to clone out that nasty black blur.
- Then I adjusted the Exposure and Contrast, added a little "Fill Light" in
the right spots.
- After that I made fiddled with the Exposure some more to get it "just right".
- Adjusted the Clarity, Vibrance and Saturation of the Red, Orange, Yellow and Blue.
- Cropped a little off the right side in order to place the main flower as the "focal point".
- Re-adjusted the exposure just a tad.

That's it! Honestly, it took me all of 2 min. to do all that. Having the right processing
programs, and knowing how to use them, makes a huge difference in how your images
ultimately turn out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions