Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all, I don't normally do a whole lot of post-production work on pics I post. I got this simple program that lets you do a 'one click photo fix' and up the color saturation, which I will do to excess sometimes. However, I took that youngest grandson over to Target the other day and I was lookin at computer programs for photos. I thought 'hey, this is the twentieth century, I should be into this 'photo shop' thing like the big boys.' I bought this Corel PaintShopPro x5. It has a lot of stuff, and if I ever master it I will probably be able to hire out to NASA. This is the 'kalidescope' effect. I took the original pic in Oklahoma of an Indian Blanket flower, but it didn't turn out like I wanted so I never used it. It's kinda cool now. (Sorry for the long tag, and I guess it's the twenty-first century now)

Attachments

• utah 470.jpg
    utah 470.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 99

Jeanne

Jun 15, 2013
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PSP is a great program and each version just gets better. I've used it since the 90's, long before Corel bought it.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful image!

90% of my shots are done in RAW, and I've been using Photoshop Lightroom
and Photoshop Elements (now V 10) for several years now. I can now do just about
anything needed to an image in post-processing.

The same skills also can come in handy at "fixing up" images that just need a bit
of tweaking to make them truly outstanding.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can shoot in RAW but never have, but I think you can work with those on this PSP. Usually whatever I shoot is what you see. I've never studied photography but light is a big thing up here in the mountains. Particular times of the day seem to make the colors come out right in the pic. Better than any photo program, I live in a part of the country where you have to try to take a bad pic, and there's tons of pro photogs around here all the time. When I first got this Canon I was playin around with it and got it all jacked up, but luckily ran into some guys on Main Street who were doin a photo shoot for some magazine, and got them to fix it back. But then they wouldn't let me take a pic of that hot little model they had posin around there.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I like it! I've got a purist shutterbug friend who only "shoots from the hip".. what you see is what she shot, and then another shutterbug friend who shoots with the intent to further develop his work on the computer....it's all good ;)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could probably shoot in the RAW too but I'm sure I'd get arrested unless I was in San Francisco. rg, get some more harbor pics before the snow hits!!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can shoot in RAW but never have, but I think you can work with those
on this PSP. Usually whatever I shoot is what you see. I've never studied photography but light is
a big thing up here in the mountains. Particular times of the day seem to make the colors come out
right in the pic.

Give RAW a try if you can work with the images in your program..once you go RAW,
most don't go back to shooting .jpg's for landscape shots and most others as well.

You've got one of the major principles of photography down pat, as it is indeed
all about the lighting, whether indoor or out, and it's especially critical for landscape
shots as there you are working with the natural light alone.

Very early morning gives me the best light up here, and many a time I've waited hours
on a hillside, tripod set and camera all ready to go..just waiting for that perfect light to
arrive, and then take as many shots as you can until it fades. 8-)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice processing..gives it an almost 3-D effect. If you shoot in raw, you will be able to get all the lighting that you capture in the original..you can then decide how to process it and not let the camera decide.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could probably shoot in the RAW too but I'm sure I'd get arrested unless I was in San Francisco. rg, get some more harbor pics before the snow hits!!

LOL...but nope, you would still get arrested in San Francisco just because you're a Packer backer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread