tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. Sure beats boring South Texas.
I lived in San Antonio in the 80s and I sure remember seeing a whole bunch of pretty little things, all over south Texas.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Texas Hill Country is beautiful year around. See to believe. Head north and west out of san antonio. Never head south...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Texas Hill Country is beautiful year around. See to believe. Head north and west out of san antonio. Never head south...
Voting -BANNER- for this statement, haha!

Last edited:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Texas Hill Country is a whole different country from the South Texas Plains.

Only thing both places have in common is both can be dry. Even the heat isn’t the same.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utah's where most of Colorful Colorado heads this time of year in the off season, Tamrock. When I was down at Moab Colorado license plates was pretty much all I saw. And hey y'all, south Texas ain't that bad, except it's in Texas. To add insult to injury, Tejanos, Ray Wylie Hubbard was born in Soper, Oklahoma, just like me. Well I wasn't born in Soper, but that just goes to illustrate that some things here under heaven are just cooler than hell. (He didn't mention Texas in any part of that song, though)

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Utah's where most of Colorful Colorado heads this time of year in the off season, Tamrock. When I was down at Moab Colorado license plates was pretty much all I saw. And hey y'all, south Texas ain't that bad, except it's in Texas. To add insult to injury, Tejanos, Ray Wylie Hubbard was born in Soper, Oklahoma, just like me. Well I wasn't born in Soper, but that just goes to illustrate that some things here under heaven are just cooler than hell. (He didn't mention Texas in any part of that song, though)

I have heard the best road in Texas is the one leaving it.:icon_scratch:

All I know is that Texas has some good roads. When I was a kid, we could always tell when we crossed the state line leaving Texas. The roads where always bumpy in the other states.:laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas does have some good roads. You probably didn't know it, but in Oklahoma we intentionally just cobbled together the first 5 miles of roads north of the Red River just so y'all would turn around and go back.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very colorful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread