12-4g.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 82

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A balmy 4 degrees. Where are you at?

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frisco, Summit county, Colorado. About 75 miles west of Denver and a mile higher. The only place I know of that wallyworld sells studded tires for bicycles. 12-4c.jpg

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
studded tires for bikes! Oh that's good! put a smile on my face. Now isn't the weather part of why you live in CO? I mean, you know you love it! & road closed, doesn't that mean sledding time? We use to have contests on what we could sled down the hill on. we had surfboards, recliners, even a bathtub! A the sweet ignorance of youth! (or was that tequila) You need to find a hot springs to soak your trouble away.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got home a few hours ago and its cold here on the front range. Spent last night in Buena Vista as I just didn't feel up to crossing the divide late last night. Had a long drive home today.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And that is why I like living in Texas.

Early next week’s forecast lows are in the 30s. Not looking forward to that. Just might have to sick my ice tea in the microwave.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frisco, Summit county, Colorado. About 75 miles west of Denver and a mile higher. The only place I know of that wallyworld sells studded tires for bicycles. View attachment 908901

Nice picture, is that your home or you in the bike? LOL...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that is why I like living in Texas.

Early next week’s forecast lows are in the 30s. Not looking forward to that. Just might have to sick my ice tea in the microwave.

We are suppose to get lows down to 60 next week I may have to change out of my 100% cotton t-shirts and put on the 50/50 t-shirts. :D

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yippee. 7a.m. today. (Not my house, not my bike, but this is my bank) 12-5a.jpg

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just...great. It has let up for now but another system on the way from the west. My only consolation is that at least for once the weather in Denver is almost exactly like it is here in the mountains.

Howdy RGINN,

I had seen these pictures before, but had not noticed the faces on the snowflakes coming down. :laughing7: I don't know how you managed to capture them, they have their snowman face already, and some seem to be looking where they are about to land. That picture could be worth something Amigo.

Homar

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frisco, Summit county, Colorado. About 75 miles west of Denver and a mile higher. The only place I know of that wallyworld sells studded tires for bicycles. View attachment 908901
In the 80s I worked at Frisco Overhead Garage Doors. The shop was at the Summit Blvd & Ten Mile area. I commuted from Buena Vista with a 73' AMC Gremlin. I put sand bags in the rear and studded snow tires on in the winter of that car. The front end was busted up by deer, but that little six banger got me back and forth every time. Many of the garage doors that have the siding put on the outside to match the siding of the house built in around 85' to 86' were done by me. In the same time I worked the weekend at the Little Daisy Liquor Store in BV. Had to do what I could to make a living back then. Studs for bikes? Thats kinda cool!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread