tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed west on I70 here in Colorado today. Roads are good in places and bad in others. Stopped at a rest stop in the Glenwood Canyon and tracked me some Rocky Mountain Gobblers. Found them all keeping warm under a juniper tree. They all took flight just after I took the picture and flew over to the other side of the Colorado river.

Attachments

• I70 1.jpg
    I70 1.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 96
  • I70 2.jpg
    I70 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • I70 3.jpg
    I70 3.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 90
  • I70 4.jpg
    I70 4.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 119

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good pics...and good to see at least SOME snow up there.
Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wanted to check out Glenwood Canyon in the winter but didn't want to brave the I-70 parking lot. SOME snow, Jim!?! Just last week here in Summit County we got 2 feet in 24 hours on top of what we had already. I saw it described in one report as 'it is puking snow in the mountains'! We got more comin for the next four or five days, but I believe the rest of the country has had a way more interesting winter than we have had, so far.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! I know you guys are appreciative of the snow, in light of the apparent drought conditions out there!! Hopefully you will be able to get some runoff moisture!! Oh by the way, I really like the picture of the Snow Chickens!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey VERDE, all of our runoff moisture here goes to Denver 75 miles away so people can water their lawns and wash their cars. Water's a big business in the west. Do not let them catch you setting a barrel out to collect rainwater here. The good thing is it may forestall the inevitable massive forest fire here in the high country. Believe me it will come though, once the right fool and a match get together. Anymore I just wish it would happen, be over and done with, and we can pick up from there.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. A lot of people don't believe turkeys can fly. They would sure be surprised if they ever got out in the woods once in a while. :)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey VERDE, all of our runoff moisture here goes to Denver 75 miles away so people can water their lawns and wash their cars. Water's a big business in the west. Do not let them catch you setting a barrel out to collect rainwater here. The good thing is it may forestall the inevitable massive forest fire here in the high country. Believe me it will come though, once the right fool and a match get together. Anymore I just wish it would happen, be over and done with, and we can pick up from there.
Keep it coming on down Rginn, Ton of folk down here think they need it all. Hell I never wash my truck it looks like this to much all the time, Slush & Rain works okay. I water only the front yard just enough to keep it alive so the folks that live next to don't think I'm devaluing the neighborhood and stop my wife from nagging about how the yard looks. The backyard I leave alone as it's been landscaped for the dogs, dry dirt or green grass they've never complained. Each time I say to them Ya- wana-out! they look at me like if I asked them "does a bear $hit in the woods" They got a great backyard. I'm digging my way of zeroscape

Attachments

• dirt on truck.jpg
    dirt on truck.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. A lot of people don't believe turkeys can fly. They would sure be surprised if they ever got out in the woods once in a while. :)
When I posted it I thought for sure someone would reply...Hey Bud, FYI turkey's don't fly. Some one should have told that to this turkey that flew in front of me on I90 in Montana. I had to yank his head out as it was lodged deep in the area between my bumper and grill of my truck. I though it's head was going to pop off, as I had to pull hard on that busted up turkey and get it off from hanging on my front end. I'm thinking the naysayers would have Wikipedia'd the topic of wild turkeys before they spoke up?.

Last edited:

Goldglove17

Sep 21, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm headed west on I70 here in Colorado today. Roads are good in places and bad in others. Stopped at a rest stop in the Glenwood Canyon and tracked me some Rocky Mountain Gobblers. Found them all keeping warm under a juniper tree. They all took flight just after I took the picture and flew over to the other side of the Colorado river.

Nice pics!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always wanted to check out Glenwood Canyon in the winter but didn't want to brave the I-70 parking lot. SOME snow, Jim!?! Just last week here in Summit County we got 2 feet in 24 hours on top of what we had already. I saw it described in one report as 'it is puking snow in the mountains'! We got more comin for the next four or five days, but I believe the rest of the country has had a way more interesting winter than we have had, so far.
I wish we were pukin' snow. We're in a bad drought in this area.
Jim

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it coming on down Rginn, Ton of folk down here think they need it all. Hell I never wash my truck it looks like this to much all the time, Slush & Rain works okay. I water only the front yard just enough to keep it alive so the folks that live next to don't think I'm devaluing the neighborhood and stop my wife from nagging about how the yard looks. The backyard I leave alone as it's been landscaped for the dogs, dry dirt or green grass they've never complained. Each time I say to them Ya- wana-out! they look at me like if I asked them "does a bear $hit in the woods" They got a great backyard. I'm digging my way of zeroscape
My answer always was..."No!, they always $hit in middle of the road"!! Keeps their arse fur clean!! ;) ....that a Ford you driven TR.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I posted it I thought for sure someone would reply...Hey Bud, FYI turkey's don't fly. Some one should have told that to this turkey that flew in front of me on I90 in Montana. I had to yank his head out as it was lodged deep in the area between my bumper and grill of my truck. I though it's head was going to pop off, as I had to pull hard on that busted up turkey and get it off from hanging on my front end. I'm thinking the naysayers would have Wikipedia'd the topic of wild turkeys before they spoke up?.

I always pressure them into flight any chance I get. I like seeing them clear the power lines, and it also keeps them from evolving into Dodo birds.:laughing7:

Homar

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your time, don't try and keep up with the ski bum crack heads in their WRX Sub's and you'll arrive safely. I remember before the stretch of 70 was complete in the GW canyon. It was nice other then the slow bumper to bumper traffic it had. I worked on that construction to compete I70 in the canyon in 1990-91. It is a marvel of highway engineering. A contractor was fined big for every tree or bush they destroyed that was deemed left to grow. It's beautiful!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My answer always was..."No!, they always $hit in middle of the road"!! Keeps their arse fur clean!! ;) ....that a Ford you driven TR.
Tis a Ford, 95 F150 with a 300 six. I run em till they rust away. I'm done with diesels, don't need the power and routine maintenance any more. These inlines are like the Mod. T concept. Anyone can keep em going. That I like, bustin down in some of the places I've lost power. Ford stopped making the engine in 96 :-( but I'm sure I'll keep finding a rig like it with less the a 100k to travel with till I go to pasture. Got 253K on it now. Only work its needed has been 1 new clutch and 2 clutch slave cyl's. The 2nd one was put in just this last week and the warranty on the one before went out 1 week over the guarantee from NAPA. This time I went with a OEM Ford motorcraft part. It was maybe 50 buck more. Well I am due for new break rotors on the front, theys warped a bit, but I can make breaks go a long, long ways.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tis a Ford, 95 F150 with a 300 six. I run em till they rust away. I'm done with diesels, don't need the power and routine maintenance any more. These inlines are like the Mod. T concept. Anyone can keep em going. That I like, bustin down in some of the places I've lost power. Ford stopped making the engine in 96 :-( but I'm sure I'll keep finding a rig like it with less the a 100k to travel with till I go to pasture. Got 253K on it now. Only work its needed has been 1 new clutch and 2 clutch slave cyl's. The 2nd one was put in just this last week and the warranty on the one before went out 1 week over the guarantee from NAPA. This time I went with an OEM Ford motorcraft part

Have you ever tried the older dodge 12 valve cummins diesel? Mine has over 405,000 miles on it and delivers 21-23 mpg if drove right. Maintenance is very minimal. Pretty much just oil and filter changes.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've herd that about the ram. I've never owned a Mopar, nothing against em and dang near bought one I test drove. I won't buy a Ford diesel again, but I can get by on this six with an oil change of synthetic as much as 7000 miles and still feel fine about my neglect. I do miss the power of a diesel, but I've got gears. They can all pass me. You do make a great point, I get 17mpg out of this truck.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've herd that about the ram. I've never owned a Mopar, nothing against em and dang near bought one I test drove. I won't buy a Ford diesel again, but I can get by on this six with an oil change of synthetic as much as 7000 miles and still feel fine about my neglect. I do miss the power of a diesel, but I've got gears. They can all pass me. You do make a great point, I get 17mpg out of this truck.

The 300 six motor is a tough motor . I have only owned one I think it was a 1976. I ended up taking it out and dropping a 390 big block Fe motor in its place.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 300 six motor is a tough motor . I have only owned one I think it was a 1976. I ended up taking it out and dropping a 390 big block Fe motor in its place.

That ford has kept me going down the road. Friend and Mopar fan of mine felt his 360 wasn't doing the job on his service truck, so he put a 440 bored to 500ci in and a few more add-ons like a 671 blower. He now gets plenty of power. He said I need to take it for a drive? No Thanks! Its way to violent me to drive and you can't even think in that thing when the motors running. At idle the thing feels like its shaking to pieces , but I'll ride in it as that's fun to do.

Attachments

• jeffs truck.jpg
    jeffs truck.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 81

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread