tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Friday I drove for the first time in the day thru the finished widening job of a tunnel going east on I70 by Idaho Springs, Colorado. I had supplied the contractor with many items involved in the drilling and blasting of the rock removed from the side. I took a picture of the beginning of the rock excavation on 5-10-13 and now its all done. Later sometime they'll widen the west lane tunnel. Sales to these type jobs are great. The customer, just calls and ask can you bring me this and that and I say yes indeed I can get all of it. Love these type tunnel jobs, as their just going fullbore and blowing money. I wish they went on all the time.

Attachments

• twin tunnels 1.jpg
    twin tunnels 1.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 79
  • twin tunnels 2.jpg
    twin tunnels 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you take a lunch break and swing the coil some?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you take a lunch break and swing the coil some?
No metal detecting but, I did notice a low grade mineralized zone in some of the rock to be excavated. They mined allot of silver in these rocks around here maybe 75 years ago before they quit. All that low grade ore is now the road base under the new blacktop highway I'm driving over in the 2nd picture.

Attachments

• twin tunnel other.jpg
    twin tunnel other.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 64

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering what that looked like as I haven't been over that way in about a year and a half. Boy howdy, it sure has sped up the east bound traffic flow on a Sunday afternoon! (Joking, hahaha!) I've been through that before it was widened, and couldn't see why it slowed traffic up, other than the state dropped the speed limit through there and lots of people were hitting their brakes to slow down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions