60.1 KB · Views: 77

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
18-degrees, going down to -3-degrees tonight.

Attachments

• PAdvisory2.jpg
    PAdvisory2.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 65

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw your name: packerbacker and the thread title Stuck in Lodi I thought you were in Lodi, WI until I saw the picture! HA! Yeah right! :BangHead:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the high temp for the day we golfed, 2/24, was 74. I did shoot a birdy on one hole; really, and I feel terrible about it. I hit a mud hen (type of duck) with a fairway shot and killed it instantly. :(

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sunny this morning here at home on the front range. Knocking out a goofy mud hen with fairway shot :icon_scratch:.... Now that's a good, after 4 cold tall ones story. :laughing7:...Do you have any witnesses to this act?. :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do, it was witnessed by 3 other golfers. There are way too many birds on this course. The mud hen was in a flock of about 25!

Attachments

• golf1.jpg
    golf1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 69
  • golf3.jpg
    golf3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 64
  • golf5.jpg
    golf5.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 61

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good one. Be hell if no one else was around to see that. Who knows how often that happens these days with all the birds that hang around a golf course. I know I've herd of geese hit in flight before. Sad for the bird, but maybe it was his time, either by a hawk or some high speed vehicle? That's sure a unique golf story for you and you buddies reflect on. I would have put him in my pocket and had him mounted. Now wouldn't that be a neat family heirloom for you to pass down. Your descendants would be telling folks. "This here's the coot that great grandpa packerbacker hit in midair with a golf ball back in 2014". :laughing7:

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We drove south about 2-1/2 hours and played a little golf in Lodi, CA. Beautiful day!! How's your weather?? :)

Weather's fine here. Lower seventies, nice breeze, fluffy white clouds. Probably be down to upper sixties tonight, though.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lodi oh yes we stop to eat there going and commin back frum Oregon and Idaho :laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock.....the coot wasn't flying, it was a flock just resting on the grass.
I got it, I'm so sorry you had that incident with the poor bird, but still a unique story. maybe some one could invent a whistling golf ball to give those birds a heads-up? Kinda like the deer whistles they put on the bumpers of vehicles. I don't know if those work, but all of my wife's family in Pennsylvania retrofit there vehicles with those things. They at lest tell me they work. In the mine operations they have a few unique ways to keep birds away from the cyanide ponds. At the trade shows I've seen air cannons to remote control hawks you use to chase the birds away with.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread