Buthchered some beef yesterday (Caution, pics of dead beef with no hides)

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell by all the responses here that you folks know what country living is like and can appreciate all of the good things it has to offer. There are many out there that think it's too much work taking care of the animals and gardens and doing all the canning etc. but then they don't know how much better this stuff tastes and how much healthier it is to eat. I'm not a health freak, I'm in it for flavor alone! :) We're running a little low on fish but that's easy to take care of. This is a pic taken a little closer

Attachments

• beef2.jpg
    beef2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Texasred I suppose you would get thrown in jail for wringin a chicken's neck these days. Packerbacker, those of us that do know how to plant and raise animals will come in very handy when the zombie apocalypse comes. (haha!) And to separate the wannabe yuppies from the real deal, who knows why you would want to buy a bag of crushed oyster shell, and for bonus points where can you get that these days?

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell by all the responses here that you folks know what country living is like and can appreciate all of the good things it has to offer. There are many out there that think it's too much work taking care of the animals and gardens and doing all the canning etc. but then they don't know how much better this stuff tastes and how much healthier it is to eat. I'm not a health freak, I'm in it for flavor alone! :) We're running a little low on fish but that's easy to take care of. This is a pic taken a little closer
Can't raise livestock/fur & feathers where I'm at right now....but still, the freezer is always full of wild meat from the..sky/land/water! ;) Agree PB, best flavour and healthiest!

deodra

Mar 13, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
They were stolen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought meat was made at the grocery store! :)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To give to your Chickens!! I belive to help with egg shells? Not sure you can even buy them around here......................Grain elevator?
Yeah Texasred I suppose you would get thrown in jail for wringin a chicken's neck these days. Packerbacker, those of us that do know how to plant and raise animals will come in very handy when the zombie apocalypse comes. (haha!) And to separate the wannabe yuppies from the real deal, who knows why you would want to buy a bag of crushed oyster shell, and for bonus points where can you get that these days?

Last edited:

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with fresh beef :-) I'm a self taught chef and he looks good to me.. :-)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, oyster shell is used for chickens as calcium to make the shells stronger. We have oyster feeds quite often and there is one area we throw all of the shells. A thousand years from now some researcher is going to say it's an ancient oyster bed and declare that ocean waters were once here. :)

deodra

Mar 13, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
They were stolen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, oyster shell is used for chickens as calcium to make the shells stronger. We have oyster feeds quite often and there is one area we throw all of the shells. A thousand years from now some researcher is going to say it's an ancient oyster bed and declare that ocean waters were once here. :)

Exactly!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Indians liked them too.

In Florida there are shell middens that are gigantic - more oysters than even I can eat in a week!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest oyster feed we've had only involved 7 people but we consumed 1 gross of oysters. Yep, we had 144 BIG oysters. Actually only 143 were consumed because one of them looked like it was dead before it was put on the grill so we tossed it.

deodra

Mar 13, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
They were stolen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest oyster feed we've had only involved 7 people but we consumed 1 gross of oysters. Yep, we had 144 BIG oysters. Actually only 143 were consumed because one of them looked like it was dead before it was put on the grill so we tossed it.

I'll be at your house tomorrow for some oyster :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread