tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife wanted to go on a road trip, so we thur in the dogs her car and took off. I took her to Dinosaur National Monument as there are some wonderful vistas to see. We didn't go to the Dino quarry cuz I forgot you need to take a shuttle in and we had the muts who can't ride on the shuttle. The photos are the canyon of the Yampa river not far from were it meets the Green river. No ruffin it here RGinn. She's not in to any of those creepy crawlers of the night or bears. :-( Most trails were off limits to dogs. Man they could not understand that rule what so ever.

Attachments

• dino 1.jpg
    dino 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • dino 2.jpg
    dino 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • dino 3.jpg
    dino 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • dino 4.jpg
    dino 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great country I intend to get up to someday. You have to be able to put a good spin on it Tamrock to get the missus campin. Some would call this lying. Hey, I knew exactly how cold it was gonna be in Moab the other night. I told her the newspaper said 70 for the overnight low and when it turned off 35 I blamed it on the press. Maria's a real trouper when it comes to campin and tolerates it, but she has some aggravatin ways. For instance campin in a place that has showers. Showering every day just encourages bear attacks. They can smell shampoo, conditioner, and body wash from 2 miles away, and here they come. I can tell she's thinkin 'Might be something to that. He camps all the time in bear country, doesn't take a regular bath or wash his clothes while out in the woods, and hasn't been eaten yet.' I'm not a complete bum. I try to freshen up in a nearby creek when I'm out campin.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RG,
Mama hasn't slept under the stars in a long time. She had no problem back when we lived in California cuz the nights just don't get as cold as here in Colorado. I would say get the maps out and do a couple nights out in the NW part of the state and the Dino monument. Seeing how you enjoy the great outdoors like you do this region is a place I'm sure you'll find extremely pleasant to visit. I could count all the other visitors I saw in the park on one hand, it was that quiet. I enter the park 2 miles east of the town of Dinosaur. I stopped by an outstanding camp ground overlooking the canyon. Mama didn't think it be so great to stay the night as each picnic table had bear warning signs on them. Be sure you visit the sites along highway 139 Cañon Pintado on the north end of Douglas pass and south of Rangley Colo. I need to Stay in Rangley some time and get up early and see the sites on the back road sometime.
http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/00198200911171204010648.pdf

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Tamrock,

I can see me laying in the shade of those trees with a fishing line tied to one of my toes. Would that cabin be for rent?

Homar

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Tamrock,

I can see me laying in the shade of those trees with a fishing line tied to one of my toes. Would that cabin be for rent?

Homar
You see that cabin way down there?... I think I'll take a drive down in the canyon with my truck next time I get back in the area. Low riding vehicles, like my wife's Pontiac Vibe weren't recommended to drive on the road to the canyon below. You best have a higher clearance vehicle, due to some sizable rocks on the road. I wanted to try it, but I know how the trip would turn out if I busted up her car. The fun would for sure be over if I pulled a stunt like that and trashed her car. I'm not sure of the status of that dwelling down there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread