expo 2.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 84

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, did you stop in Wendover? I've done a lot of driving on that I-80 on trips back East. Those salt flats seem to have a different look every time I see them. I never thought of moose being in Utah! :)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, did you stop in Wendover? I've done a lot of driving on that I-80 on trips back East. Those salt flats seem to have a different look every time I see them. I never thought of moose being in Utah! :)
No time for Wendover this trip. Had to hook up with the boss and the other amigos I work with in the Elko Nev. area for the Mining Expo this week. Drove straight through from Denver to Elko Nevada yesterday. I took I70 west and go north through Rifle and up to Rangley Colorado to connect with highway 40 west and that puts me out at Heber City Utah and I80 at Parleys summit. I save maybe 20 gallons of gas going that way, over pushing the wind up on I80 west in Wyoming. I saw the moose east of Heber City. I've noticed moose moving further south around 15 + years ago I think. They do range very well in northern Colorado and Utah these days. I've seen them a little further south of Gunnison Colorado within the last 5 years. The moose are on the move to go south. I'm not sure why???

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No time for Wendover this trip. Had to hook up with the boss and the other amigos I work with in the Elko Nev. area for the Mining Expo this week. Drove straight through from Denver to Elko Nevada yesterday. I took I70 west and go north through Rifle and up to Rangley Colorado to connect with highway 40 west and that puts me out at Heber City Utah and I80 at Parleys summit. I save maybe 20 gallons of gas going that way, over pushing the wind up on I80 west in Wyoming. I saw the moose east of Heber City. I've noticed moose moving further south around 15 + years ago I think. They do range very well in northern Colorado and Utah these days. I've seen them a little further south of Gunnison Colorado within the last 5 years. The moose are on the move to go south. I'm not sure why?... The salt flats do look very strange at times. Some days the mountains in the distance look like they are floating in midair.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent photo's! :thumbsup:

I think this photo that my brother took was in the same area.

1888716_10152051364597131_3803052086291697714_n.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent photo's! :thumbsup:

I think this photo that my brother took was in the same area.

View attachment 1004461
I believe that's a shot around the place called Saltair? Nice view!...How goes it Old digger?...You've been a little quiet lately. You staying busy?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Yeah, Lots to do, and so little time. :icon_scratch:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice pictures tamrock....Wow a moose! We just had some Elk out front, but my pictures aren't nearly that clear! What a pretty place that is, thanks for sharing it. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread