curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....wouldn't have known, had they not left calling cards! What would you guys say left the second one..:icon_scratch:..that's a quarter next to it.

FSCN3564.JPG FSCN3563.JPG

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess on the second set of prints would be a Ringtail cat.

ringtail.gif

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only the night had eyes.....Another possible would be a skunk...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:...think you got it old digger...it does look like that print pic you posted & we do have those, but only saw one once....thanks for that!

vpnavy....:laughing7:

Cariboo....yes, if only! Actually we do have a trail camera...so....maybe it does. ;) We see lot's of skunk prints & they are smaller and narrower than this one & claws showing. I should know....we live in "skunk land"...lot's of them. :sad7:....but they are pretty animals.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like Diggers got it pined down. The old miners and loggers of the past would keep Ringtail cats as pets, as they we'er as effective as keeping a cat around for rodent control in their cabins. They are very rare to spot as they are nocturnal. One night long ago on a rainy night on a road that goes from Salida to Cañon City Colorado there where many little frogs on the wet highway and I believe I saw maybe as many as six or so Ringtails on the roadside in the headlights catching those little frogs. That was the only time I've ever seen any Ringtail cats in the wild.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First track CK, (with pencil for size)...has only four toes ;)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock....Wow you were very lucky to have seen so many of them. And how interesting to know about the miners & Ringtails as "pets", thanks for sharing that! Did find this print at the pond/swamp...hope they eat "Bullfrogs" as well as the kinds you saw them eating?

TJE....yes, the first one has four toes because it's from a Cougar, not Ringtail....that'd be a Big Ringtail! :)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Left looks like a coyote, right a bobcat. Been a long time so that's just a guess...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread