curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this giant Longhorn and had to stop to take his picture, wish he was standing...but oh well still impressive. And with him was one that reminded me of the Egyptian Bull god " Apis". There was another that looked like she might be constantly making a right hand turn...:laughing7:

RSCN3963.JPG FSCN3959.JPG FSCN3951.JPG

RSCN3950.JPG RSCN3961.JPG

And saw these Turkey...pictures not so good, was hard to get them....noisy birds!

RSCN3389.JPG RSCN3393.JPG

.....and sunset....... DSCN2971.JPG ....:)

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots CK...'and that no "bull" ;)
what are the plants/flowers in your sunset..a type of cactus?

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TJE...funny guy.;D The flowers are "New Mexican Poppies" our state flower....here's some in the day light...

FSCN3230.JPG

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here curious Kat..we have these guys all around our house, noisy!! uploadfromtaptalk1402779296843.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uploadfromtaptalk1402779369652.jpg

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

aa battery....you mean those small golden poppies? I wonder why you can't pick them... endangered maybe? We have some of the small golden ones here to.

squiggy....Wow...your Turkey's are like the "Thanksgiving" ones! Mine must have been on a diet, they look so much slimmer...maybe that's their plan to avoid being dinner? lol Looks like your second one is waiting to "get dinner"...:laughing7:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Yes, the second one sitting on the fence..waiting most likely for me..when I feed the fawns..(I rehab wildlife) the turkeys wait to grab the dry cob, maybe that's why they are so big..lol!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a scene out of Lonesome Dove. Those longhorn bulls sure do remind you of Egyptian images of cattle. Their a mix of ancient cattle breeds from way back in time. Their ancestors came over with Christopher Columbus and that's no Bull!.. I think the turkey's are out to take over the world. I'm seeing those guys everywhere these days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock.....Lonesome Dove....really good movie.:icon_thumright: And...yes "Turkey Takeover"...:laughing7:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turkeys!!...I quit counting one day this past winter in the bro's yard at 30,...feeds them crushed corn after the snow stays. Boy are they flourishing on the Northside of the Great Lakes! ;)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's to funny TJE....my "brother" in OR has his yard full of them in the evening & they roost in his trees, he doesn't feed them though, doesn't need to I guess because of the mild weather. That's very nice of your bro.....he helps them...and in turn they'll help him...if it comes to that. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread