Baby Hummingbirds and mama getting some down time....:)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to add a note about that picture I posted of white hummingbird...that's an "albino" one...there are some that are "white" colored with dark beaks & eyes...this one, because it's albino, has pink eyes & light beak....just an FYI ;)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked yesterday at the eyes and thought that this might be an albino. Interesting. I'll have to see if I can find some pictures of the white ones, if I can remember it in a day or two. Too much going on these next few days. Not anything bad, just today being the 4th, tomorrow is Saturday, then Sunday. I've been making notes to remind myself of things I need and want to do during the next few days. It seems so strange (and a bit disgusting at times) that I used to work 8 to 12 hours, 5, 6, and sometimes 7 days a week, keep most of the 'honey-dos' done, the repairs around the house and vehicles done, and still have time to play games on the computer, watch movies, enjoy being with the family, etc., and still have a little time for myself, like reading books. Now that I'm retired, I can't seem to get anything done. Although I live in the same house with my son, daughter and her family, and no wife, I still can't even find time to keep my bedroom arranged and clean like I would like it to be. I know I spend too much time on the computer, and I sit too much while doing so. Need exercise, more outdoors, etc. Seems sometime like life's going into the toilet! lol Oh well, I guess I'm happy and lucky, so life goes on!!! Yaaa!

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes texasred....getting out for a little walk can do wonders for the inner as well as the outer. Hope you have a nice place/area to enjoy out of doors? I know it "uplifts" me to take a break and get my behind out for a bit...:laughing7:...the best medicine ever! It sounds so nice that you can be with your family...that's wonderful on it's own.:)

Vinson

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty little bird always inspires me. Thanks for sharing.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great Hummer shots Y'all! For some reason unknown to me the hummers are not as abundant here this year. We usually have several different birds and they constantly vie for dominance at our feeders. This year I have only seen one female and one male. Here are two pics I have. The first one I took a few years back and the second one is of my son ( at least his arm and hand) in the Grand Canyon. He made a small pool of water in his cupped hand and the little fella had a nice bath before flying off.

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Hummer on his hand.JPG
    Hummer on his hand.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures fyrffytr1...thanks for sharing them here. Wonder why that little gal was tame enough to land on his hand.?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son, who is a river runner in the Grand canyon told me that the wildlife there does not fear humans. I guess that is because there is absolutely no hunting so the animals don't see humans as a threat.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's very nice fyrffytr1 that the wildlife doesn't have anything to fear there from humans. And you son's job must be fun! :)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fyrffytr1, those are wonderful pictures. Imagine! A hummingbird taking a bath in someone's hand! Really amazing. Yes, I've always heard of areas that the animals aren't afraid of humans because the area is a no hunting area. There are several state parks that I have been to when I lived in Texas where the deer would wander along close to humans. I've been as close as 10 feet from a deer or two in a state park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread