JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out waiting for a good sunset to photograph and I always take Taddy the Sheltie along. The light was hitting him just right as he seemed to be watching the sunset too, so I took a pic of him.

He was not wanted by his previous owners because they said he was too big for a Sheltie. We have had several wonderful rescue dogs and just wanted to post this pic as a reminder that there are lots of great animals out there up for adaption, waiting to love and be loved. Thanks for reading!

DSC_0017 - Copy - Copy (1024x779).jpg

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for supporting the Wounded Warriors. No Freedom without their sacred sacrifices. :icon_salut:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taddy's a beautiful dog and what a gift it is for you and him to share life together....Great picture.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's beautiful and he looks like he has a beautiful soul. :)

My last cat was an adoptee, best friend I ever had. My present cat was a backyard stray, couldn't find an owner so when winter came, she was mine. :cat: Best friend I ever had...okay, no disrespect to the last one intended. :D

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's beautiful and he looks like he has a beautiful soul. :)

My last cat was an adoptee, best friend I ever had. My present cat was a backyard stray, couldn't find an owner so when winter came, she was mine. :cat: Best friend I ever had...okay, no disrespect to the last one intended. :D

Well done. We have a cat that showed up one day and stayed as well, she likes coming in through the windows better than the doors, but only then when the weather is bad.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, there are some great pets to be had at the rescue shelter. I got a pug/chi mix in 2002 and another chi/terrier mix in 2003. The pug/chi developed kidney failure and died in 2011. The little chi/terrier is now over 12 years old and beginning to 'slow down' a bit; but still seems to be in great health. I've been 'slowing down' for a number of years now; but she's just now starting to slow. When she's excited, she could possibly be making some record speed! I can hold out my hands, just above my knees and she will jump into my hands; but not as much as last year.

A very close friend of mine had a Sheltie until about two years ago. She still cries at times about it. 'Course I still sometime tear up about the pug/chi that I lost in 2011.

We also have a cat that was adopted when it was abandoned by the mom back in 2005. My daughter and family have a Aussie cattle dog/black lab cross and a Russian blue cat that was adopted at a shelter.

All of these animals are wonderful pets. We all really enjoy them.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a very good idea JSF...thanks for reminding us all.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread