tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a bunch of those guys behind where I live. It's fun to watch the Coyote hunt them. The Prairie Dogs, all sound the alarm when the danger comes to their town. Those Coyote need to work hard to catch those guys. They look for the Prairie Dogs that looks as though their just a little to far from their burrow to get back in before those Coyote give all they got in a super fast sprinting charge after that straggler who just may not make it to safety. It's all a burst of high intensity dust flying action to witness. Most the time the Prairie Dog makes it in the hole with the Coyote just inches away. I do know the Coyote do succeed, as I've watched them enjoying some fresh Prairie Dog a few times out there. I've yet to see those Coyote catch one of those Prairie Dogs. About ever two or so years a fella with a big truck mount vacuum comes out and sucks out some of the Prairie Dogs. He told me they'll all spread out as the generations create a larger Prairie Dog colony, so they reduce the size of the colony. The ones he sucks up are taken to the Denver Zoo to be food for the Lions, Hyenas and at the Birds of Prey rehabilitation center that takes care of injured birds who've been hit by vehicles or shot by some basta*d. Nice Pictures:thumbsup:.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures, Ron.

Interesting post Tamrock.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who doesn't love them cute little yipper's. LOL!
Now, I got that song running in my head, "I'm just a prarie dog (gigolo) and everywhere I go....."
Thanks for sharing that. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thanks Everyone. I took these as I was leaving the Home Depot distribution center. Wouldn't surprise me to see these get disposed of soon. They had holes dug all over the place in the grass around the gate. There were lots of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread