itsy bitsy spider..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike,

I was touring through eBay and found people selling Black Widows, Brown Recluse, and other "pickled" spiders for around $20.00 each.

Now, I'm not saying you should sell your new friend..... But....

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I killed a black widow on the front step a couple of days ago. It's only the 3rd one I've seen up here in Idaho. When I used to work on the gasoline pumps at the gas stations back in Texas, especially the older ones, I had to be very careful. The cool, dark areas under the pumps were a favorite of theirs. I opened the door on one once and happened to look where I had my fingers. There was a black widow about half an inch from them! I've probably killed more of these critters than most people have seen.

In the late 1950s, I went to visit some friends for a week. It was a little country town south of Waco, named Chilton. The family had a boy just older than I, and a girl just younger. Before they moved to Chilton, we lived only about 6 miles apart and visited a lot.

The 2nd day I was there, a neighbor came by and told us about a 10 years old boy who lived about 3 miles down the road, that was helping his mom move a chicken coop. A black widow bit him on the hand. It took the ambulance a while to reach the farm and before it got him to the hospital, he died.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread