What gets a coyote to run like hell in the high country ?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's for sure TJE :thumbsup:

Mike...your avatar & the movie...well, that's all I'm saying :icon_silent:

tamrock...sorry, hijacked your post.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's for sure TJE :thumbsup:

Mike...your avatar & the movie...well, that's all I'm saying :icon_silent:

tamrock...sorry, hijacked your post.
Heh heh, CK, can you just imagine what TR has seen / with all those miles and years driving across the country!! ;)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be interesting at times driving in the night. UFO's most likely can be explained. It's these spirits that hang out in this one place I stay overnight that's got me bugged. I don't know what they want :dontknow: but they're always friendly, or so they seem to me?. I always wake up the next day alive.

Attachments

• spirit.jpg
    spirit.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock...:O....where did you take that picture? And "for real" or are you teasing us? And agree on the "most UFO's can be explained" thing....it's the one's that can't that matter. ;)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock...:O....where did you take that picture? And "for real" or are you teasing us? And agree on the "most UFO's can be explained" thing....it's the one's that can't that matter. ;)
Just messing ck, ...It's a strange reflection on the ceiling. :laughing7: But it was a spooky cold and dreary night at this place in Butte Montana.

Attachments

• copper king a 1.jpg
    copper king a 1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 68
  • copper king f.jpg
    copper king f.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for letting me know you were just kidding before I took the bait...:laughing7: The Copper King looks very nice, bet it has a "history & if those walls could talk...you might not stay there...only kidding.... I Love old houses! But....don't know if you've ever heard of the Armagosa (hope I spelled it right?) in Death Valley? When I was a kid, we broke down & had to stay there a night. It wasn't open but they opened it for us so we were the only ones there....I don't scare easily...but they whole family didn't get any sleep, there were foot steps up & down the hall and we heard crying....I'd never stay there again...very strange....and not pulling your leg, really. lol

forgot to add...Gold Maven I couldn't see the video, maybe a title so can check it out?

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for letting me know you were just kidding before I took the bait...:laughing7: The Copper King looks very nice, bet it has a "history & if those walls could talk...you might not stay there...only kidding.... I Love old houses! But....don't know if you've ever heard of the Armagosa (hope I spelled it right?) in Death Valley? When I was a kid, we broke down & had to stay there a night. It wasn't open but they opened it for us so we were the only ones there....I don't scare easily...but they whole family didn't get any sleep, there were foot steps up & down the hall and we heard crying....I'd never stay there again...very strange....and not pulling your leg, really. lol

forgot to add...Gold Maven I couldn't see the video, maybe a title so can check it out?
Yup!! TR and CK, I hear you guys ..'loud and clear'...actually had a U.S. film company contact/wanting to come to this place/home ..The Anchor Inn and film for a week, but the only catch that didn't/couldn't work..(they wanted this place 'empty'!)...so said sorry, can't do it. Didn't think the 160 yrs of this place was that well know..(more than I realized than just the town folk)...and yes, $h!t does happen/wake me up! heh heh! ;)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TJE...are you saying "your" place...you actually live there? Kind of want to hear about it, please....maybe a post...or something? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that film GM, Some cool footage it is. My dog will sit and watch that seen also. He gets all worked up at that part. I recorded the film Black Wolf for him and he'll sit and watch it when I play it. I've never had a dog that would watch TV before. Around my neighborhood, its the kitty cat's that need to run like hell from the coyote's. Very often you'll see posters around here with a picture and reward for the missing cat. Over the years I've lost count on the cat remains I come across out in the open space. The coyote run around here like the squirrels and rabbits do. This one was walking and sniffing around in front of me with no concern of my presents.

Attachments

• coyote trail.jpg
    coyote trail.jpg
    978.3 KB · Views: 66

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cousin in Gunnison, visit every few years, and it's a shame the way the coyote population has exploded since they outlawed trapping in CO.

Back in the early 80's, coyotes were there, but seldom seen. Deer herds were incredible.

Now there are coyotes every where, deer herds of 20 to 30 going into winter with one or 2 fawns. Not too hard to figure out what's happening to them.

I saw footage of a trail cam set up on a coyote den here in Ohio in the spring, the adults brought 18 fawns to the pups over a few weeks.

Beaver wiping out trees in record numbers, out swimming around in the daylight...disease will spread quickly when they are overcrowded, and under nourished.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cousin in Gunnison, visit every few years, and it's a shame the way the coyote population has exploded since they outlawed trapping in CO.

Back in the early 80's, coyotes were there, but seldom seen. Deer herds were incredible.

Now there are coyotes every where, deer herds of 20 to 30 going into winter with one or 2 fawns. Not too hard to figure out what's happening to them.

I saw footage of a trail cam set up on a coyote den here in Ohio in the spring, the adults brought 18 fawns to the pups over a few weeks.

Beaver wiping out trees in record numbers, out swimming around in the daylight...disease will spread quickly when they are overcrowded, and under nourished.
Jack Hanna was on Letterman last week and spoke briefly on how coyote in the last years are showing up in places they've never were know to exist before. They're now moving in to intercity areas such as New York now. When I was between 14 and 16 me and two other friends were hardcore muskrat trappers. We'd go out before school and after school along the rivers and creek systems north of Des Moines, Iowa and set & harvest are traps. We'd get between 20 to 100 muskrats at day. I think we were getting around a $1.25 to $1.35 each, per pelt back then?. It's some good memories I have of getting out at 4:am on those creeks and rivers on those very cold and frozen mornings and evenings. Beaver in those days were somewhat rare to catch. I as far as I know of those two friends of mine way back then is one I know spent time in prison and the other I herd founded a very successful machine shop business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions