What gets a coyote to run like hell in the high country ?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Army Helo.jpg
    Army Helo.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 99

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the local coyotes have more experience with those mysterious helicopters mentioned in stories about the San Luis Valley. Let's see, I can't really make out any markings on the one in your pic....hahaha!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes....pretty scary for the critters tamrock. See any "men in black" like RGINN was talking about? lol The other day I heard something outside so ran got the camera and took this...not such good pic's....but this is what they were doing.....any thoughts?
RSCN1010.JPG RSCN1019.JPG

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen many military aircraft in your area over the years Kat, Some very low flying through the canyon fighter jets. I even talked to one on a CB, as he called for a contact to any radio. He asked me for my location and he gave his, but I couldn't see him. just herd him out there in the hills someplace. I see sometimes as I travel in the night those flares dropped like in your picture. They sure do look bright at night out in the middle of the Nevada dessert. Those are some cool shots you have.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they throw off heat seeking guidance devices. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was gonna guess griz

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information on the pic's I posted. Mostly it's the small jets we see overhead, doing play fighting & the flares. This was the first time I've seen a large prop plane do it. But....the weirdest thing we seen since living here happened one evening as the sky was getting dark. This will sound pretty unbelievable, but there was a massive "thing" moving slowly above, blocking out the stars...and there were smaller, what seemed like jets doing something around it, almost like "re-fueling" it!? But how could this large "plane?" move so slowly? We're baffled about what it was!?:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information on the pic's I posted. Mostly it's the small jets we see overhead, doing play fighting & the flares. This was the first time I've seen a large prop plane do it. But....the weirdest thing we seen since living here happened one evening as the sky was getting dark. This will sound pretty unbelievable, but there was a massive "thing" moving slowly above, blocking out the stars...and there were smaller, what seemed like jets doing something around it, almost like "re-fueling" it!? But how could this large "plane?" move so slowly? We're baffled about what it was!?:icon_scratch:
I've seen a few odd things at night on the road also Kat. Some I'll just keep to myself and wonder....What the heck was that:dontknow:.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! JRC, Very interesting video.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are terrible tamrock....you know I want to know what you saw now! lol But, understand what you're saying...I've got "one" that makes me sound crazy, but there were 2 other witnesses....;)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kat, you and Tamrock need to 'come clean'. Tell us what you saw. You may not be able to explain it; but you can try to describe what you've seen. I'm sure we'd all be interested!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't be putting that out there :O

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
You should see the crazy flight patterns and stuff going on in the sky here in N.E. Tennessee, especially at night. Weird stuff.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with tamrock now....Ok to tell personally but on mass media...not everyone's ready to hear stuff like that I guess. But, guess we can say, there are some pretty amazing "flying" machines out there, don't know who's they are though. ;)

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with tamrock now....Ok to tell personally but on mass media...not everyone's ready to hear stuff like that I guess. But, guess we can say, there are some pretty amazing "flying" machines out there, don't know who's they are though. ;)
And more CK..if your encounters/events.. are closer! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread