tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of the pictures I took on my trip over the last 3 days. 1st, Is the Uncompahgre Mountains as I left the area on this very cool morning. 2nd, I stayed in Pagosa Springs last night and got going over Wolf Creek pass and sat for a bit, with a chipmunk, who I shared just a little of one of my granola bars with. I don't normally feed the wild critters, but these guys here have been ruined of their natural hunt & gather abilities, I'm sure they've been panhandlers for generations now at this overlook, plus they do their part for the Colorado tourist industry. Pictures 3,4 & 5 are from a place that runs out of Del Norte to west of Saguache, called Moon Pass that got me in the back country area of the western mountains of the San Luis valley. Great place! that hardly a soul will ever go in to. No one at all driving up on my a$$ along that road. There some very quiet improved camp spots up in there RGINN. You'd be the only smoke for miles. Last shot is a mountainside viewed from the top of Poncha pass, seem like so many more trees all turned color overnight?. The tourist are just absolutely, knocking down the high country in record numbers here this September. I guess it'll be November before it all quiets down. Going 15 to 20 mph over Moon pass was like heaven.

Attachments

• Egnar trip 1.jpg
    Egnar trip 1.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Egnar trip 2.jpg
    Egnar trip 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • Egnar trip 3.jpg
    Egnar trip 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • Egnar trip 4.jpg
    Egnar trip 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • Egnar trip 5.jpg
    Egnar trip 5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • Egnar trip 6.jpg
    Egnar trip 6.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What some scenery! Great shots, Tamrock. Thanks for sharing.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice country down there but I haven't made it past Poncha Pass much this year. Next Monday I'll head back over west of Fairplay as not many tourists or campers up in there. And watch out for the gapers on the highway, as they are apt to slow down or pull over for no apparent reason, bless their hearts. Locals make fun of them mercilessly up here, but after 10 years I still have a tendency to be a 'gaper' and hope I never lose that trait.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well RGINN, If you ever do think about a trip that way, just head to La Garita, via-Poncha Pass and go on threw Saguache heading to Del Norte. Wouldn't be a long trip from your home-base. You'll find some nice country, peace & quiet & friendly folks of the San Luis Valley is all that's down that way. These pic's are a 5 dollar campsite called POSO and one site that was cleared for no charge and a couple scenes of the surroundings. Just some Bow & Muzzle Load hunters from the valley is the only folks I ran into, Had a nice visit with them... I need to load me up some camp gear.

Attachments

• poso 1.jpg
    poso 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • poso 2.jpg
    poso 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • poso 3.jpg
    poso 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • poso 4.jpg
    poso 4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much travellin as you do TR you should keep a bedroll and coffee pot in the truck and you'd be set when the opportunity arose. I'm gonna head back over to that Buffalo Peaks area next week as there was a nice spot on the high ground on up towards the mountain, but a couple of day hikers were parked there and I didn't want to intrude. And a heads up, rifle hunting season starts the middle of October so a good time not to get too far back in the woods. Lots of Texans up here then, but the good thing is these guys know a little about the high country and can take care of themselves. Great guys to visit with.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much travellin as you do TR you should keep a bedroll and coffee pot in the truck and you'd be set when the opportunity arose. I'm gonna head back over to that Buffalo Peaks area next week as there was a nice spot on the high ground on up towards the mountain, but a couple of day hikers were parked there and I didn't want to intrude. And a heads up, rifle hunting season starts the middle of October so a good time not to get too far back in the woods. Lots of Texans up here then, but the good thing is these guys know a little about the high country and can take care of themselves. Great guys to visit with.
Indeed the rifle season folks will be out on the roads here soon. Just hope the drivers keeps his eyes on the road and not be looking up on the hillsides. I like the Buffalo Peaks area. I've found a few artifacts on the Arkansas valley side in and around those granite rock formations. There is a road that you could drive from the top of trout creek pass all the way over to BV, but someone told me you can no longer do it because it's not open to the public anymore. (All private now, I guess)? It was a nice little 4wd tour back then.

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to look at this one...Beautiful shots tamrock....I've never been to CO, sure looks inviting.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread