Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped last night over in the Buffalo Peaks area, in Park County, CO, sw of Fairplay and straight north of Antero Reservoir. There's a few free camping spots on the national forest land but the area had received a lot of rain recently and they were pretty much mudholes. (People carved out camping sites for pretty, and not functional) So checked out the old pay campground which was completely deserted except for me. Looked like a pretty good rain was fixin to come up so set up for that, but nothin happened. Exceptional weather we're havin, 60 in the day and 45 at five this a.m.

Attachments

• 9-22a.jpg
    9-22a.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 69
  • 9-22b.jpg
    9-22b.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 9-22d.jpg
    9-22d.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 9-22e.jpg
    9-22e.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 9-22g.jpg
    9-22g.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 72

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures, RGINN. I envy you! Doing all this camping out. I really wish I had done a lot more of it when I was younger. My wife and kids used to camp out occasionally. We once spent about 3 or 4 days camped out at Lake Whitney, Texas.
We set up two tents, a 10' x 12', and a little 6' x 6'. We were just outside one of the state parks. My wife's brother, his wife, and their two kids came over and stayed a couple of nights with us. We let the kids sleep in the little tent and the grown ups slept in the big tent.
Well, actually, I, and my wife's bro, slept on cots by the water. We had several fishing rigs set out and was listening for the rods to 'sing'. We both went to sleep and didn't hear one of the rods start singing. Next morning, all of the lines were tangled. Something had grabbed the one bait and swam around enough to tangle all 8 or 9 lines we had set out. What a mess!
Thanks for the pictures!

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poplars turning fast RGINN, here the maples are just barely starting to show orange/red.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread