tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This big guy in Estes Park, is keeping a very close eye over his harem. After I took this picture one of the cow's took off running and that bull bolted after her and got her turned right back in order with the rest of his herd. It was sure neat to watch him run her down. She sure tried to get away, but he was way to fast. Elk in the town of Estes Park are as plentiful as are sparrows in my neighborhood.

Attachments

• Elk in estes.jpg
    Elk in estes.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bride and I had a great time in E Park a few years ago...Beautiful town, and friendly people. Thanks for sharing, and look out for Elk dookies on the 9 hole golf course there in town..haha

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Elk don't seem afraid of people....they are here...maybe it's a "hunting" thing?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their very acclimated to the busy surroundings around them and they seem to understand it is a safe place to be. Great place to observe and take photos of Elk. Folks just need to respect their space without their respect in return. They roam anywhere they please in town.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their very acclimated to the busy surroundings around them and they seem to understand it is a safe place to be. Great place to observe and take photos of Elk. Folks just need to respect their space without their respect in return. They roam anywhere they please in town.
Yep, agree TR. Old 'stompin grounds' in Alberta...always hear about/see pics in the news of people who find out too late that they are wild..NOT pets! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread