Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty mountain setting!
I'm not into chasing a ball and trying to put it into a hole, I guess that would be a scenic and relaxing spot to go golfing. As for the landscaping crew, I have enough trouble with the few local deer occasionally raiding the garden and the bucks that tend to want to rub their antlers on my young trees and killing them. No thank you, I bet a small herd of elk would do a lot of damage. Probably have to put one of them in the freezer! :icon_scratch:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Local landscape crew. I love that. Wonderful pics. Bet some magazine would publish them. Wish I could play that course. I usually play golf next to a freeway, with people honking and flipping the bird...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty mountain setting!
I'm not into chasing a ball and trying to put it into a hole, I guess that would be a scenic and relaxing spot to go golfing. As for the landscaping crew, I have enough trouble with the few local deer occasionally raiding the garden and the bucks that tend to want to rub their antlers on my young trees and killing them. No thank you, I bet a small herd of elk would do a lot of damage. Probably have to put one of them in the freezer! :icon_scratch:
Not a game I play either Diggs. I've seen more deer in the mountain towns over the years. When I lived in Buena Vista, Colo, it wouldn't be rare to see deer in your yard, but these days the deer are seen in great numbers in the residential areas of the town. You can get a ticket now if caught feeding deer in Buena Vista. I have an old friend I visit BV and gave up on planting shrubs, gardens and flowers beds due to the deer. They do keep his lawn fertilized. Deer are like rabbits living in the developed these days.

Jublain

Oct 16, 2013
Des Arc, AR
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I was up there week before last. Pretty country!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a lot of deer in BV. In fact, one time I thought some folks were keeping them as pets, but they hopped the fence and took off. I've never noticed any deer in town here at Frisco, but we have moose that sometimes wander around. Luckily they stay off the main drag but there was a couple that strolled through the Safeway parking lot. We're starting to notice bears more often, so I guess soon they'll start makin us bear proof everything. That big one is still hangin around the store at night in Breck, but so far the only harm he's done is to scare the crap out of employees that have to come to work in the early morning hours. Snow is startin up so he won't be a problem much longer.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those aren't Elk...those are local dogs...:laughing7:....gee...didn't expect to see them that tame!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread